Not recognizing DVD+R DL media

Hey everybody!  :smile2:

I'm having some trouble with my DVD burner. It doesn't seem to want to recognize DVD+R DL. Which it should be able to both read and write without any issue. Discs are brand new and tried several different ones.

Scoured the internet found many others with this same problem but no real solution.

Drivers appear to be up to date. Looked for a new firmware but couldn't be for sure which to use.

Here's what I get from Nero InfoTool:

Untitled_13.jpg

I'm running Vista Ultimate completely updated. Not sure what other information would be helpful to add.

I'm not an expert on this but did you flash the firmware on this drive?

If you did that could be the problem.

Nero info tool also shows ; Lightscribe software is not installed that might or might not be a problem.

Also shows no Region code.

You might try a slower read speed.

Does it recognize single layer DVD +R ?

Last try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs.

Even on Verbatim avoid ones made in India or Viet Nam.Try to get made in Japan or Taiwan.I wish I could say Made in America but there are none.

I'm not an expert on this but did you flash the firmware on this drive?

If you did that could be the problem.

Nero info tool also shows ; Lightscribe software is not installed that might or might not be a problem.

Also shows no Region code.

You might try a slower read speed.

Does it recognize single layer DVD +R ?

Last try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs.

Even on Verbatim avoid ones made in India or Viet Nam.Try to get made in Japan or Taiwan.I wish I could say Made in America but there are none.

I had intended to attempt to upgrade the firmware but i couldn't figure for sure the exact one I needed so I just let that be.

I don't think lightscribe makes any difference. As far as I understand that's just to make designs on the disc.

It reads all other types of discs fine. Just seems to kinda hang up on these.

How would I go about changing to a slower read speed?

I'll hit the store this afternoon and grab some Verbatim discs see if that makes any difference. :smile2:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  :cool: