ATi Driver Issue

n4lstoney

I'm not sure what the problem is but i am getting an error with my ati drivers when i play CoD4.

After playing for a bit my game will freeze and after about 30 seconds it will go to a blue screen and say that ati2dvag got stuck in an infinite loop, and the computer is being shut down to prevent damage.

I am running a ATi Radeon HD 3870 with a MSI K9A2 Platinum mobo. I am not sure which driver is on here now but i have not installed the 8.5 driver in fear i would break something.

I did finally installl the newest ATi drivers 8.5, but it didn't fix it. I guess i shall try the Omega drivers and see what happens. Thank you mudman.

edit: btw, do i have to uninstall all ATi software before applying omega drivers, even the catalyst control center?

I was able to re-do the Omega drivers, and so far i have not had my little issue. I hope it stays this way, much appreciate your help and linking me to the drivers mudman. Now i think i will go read up on OC'n with them, did the cpu might as well do the gpu.  :cheesy:

I was able to re-do the Omega drivers, and so far i have not had my little issue. I hope it stays this way, much appreciate your help and linking me to the drivers mudman. Now i think i will go read up on OC'n with them, did the cpu might as well do the gpu.  :cheesy:

Thats good news  !

Just remember , it's always possible to burn the proc when OC'ing. Or any other component for that matter.