Help recovering the sound system

jun

The first thing that I would do, is to restart, then goto windows update, and when it asks if you want "express " or custom or whatever the other one is press that one, many times it will let you know you need something , and allow you to download it.

Try that , and if it doesn't work, then we'll need to find the system builder, or more-so, the motherboard manufacturer, and find there firmware to install the correct drivers. But usually there going to be the " AC97 " ones.

Thanks for the picture. If you have onboard sound that came with your motherboard right click Multimedia Audio Controller go to update driver and click. The you should get a pop up saying 'Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard". Select, check internet one time. When it ask you for a CD put the one that came with the Motherboard and let it do its thing.

mudmanc4: How will I meet the manufacturer then? Is this what the update looks like: :cry:

Do that update , then do the windows update again, and like coknuck said, look over at the left hand side of the screen after looking for up dates, and hopefully it shows something in the drivers section.

If not , just find on the computer who made the thing, if there's nothing you can see, like a sticker, or an insignia, then you'll have to open the case,   looking at the motherboard, usually there is large writing somewhere on the motherboard itself that say's what board, and the numbers as well.   Post that name, and those numbers here, and we'll find the correct drivers for you.

Thanks for the picture. If you have onboard sound that came with your motherboard right click Multimedia Audio Controller go to update driver and click. The you should get a pop up saying 'Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard". Select, check internet one time. When it ask you for a CD put the one that came with the Motherboard and let it do its thing.

I was assuming he did'nt have the disk.

Sorry for the double post - We can hear sound from computer now! I didn't have the sound installer as everyone suspects so we replaced the drivers with AC'97 from a network computer. Thank you for everyone's ideas! :angel: