1.5 Mbps to 3 Mbps Bellsouth service

tlowe

Hey Folks,

I just signed up for bell south 1.5 Mbps service.  I'm testing out at around 1.1 Mbps, roughly 75% of the advertised speed.

I am fine with that.  I understand that there are many factors that affect my download speed that are out of my hands.  But...

If I upgrade my Bellsouth service to the 3.0 Mbps plan, can I expect to get approximate download speeds of 2.25 Mbps which

is approx. 75% of the maximum download speed limit?  Or, If I spend 10 bucks more a month for the 6.0 Mbps plan, can I expect

download speeds of 4.5 Mbps?

Basically, can I, or should I, assume that my download speeds will be approximately be 75% of the maximum limit (as I am

seeing with the 1.5 Mbps plan)?

Thanks,

-TLo

1.1mbps is around where everyone gets on 1.5mbps service.

3.0mbps is a little different because it actually synks higher then 3mbps. The modem will sink up at about 3.5mbps max synk so if everything else is good you end up getting right around the 3mbps they advertise.

6.0mbps when everything is good most people actually get higher then 6mbps, I average around 6.4mbps on my bellsouth connection because my modem synks at 8.1mbps