Intel delays Atom 330, Cancels Some Core 2 Extreme CPUs

x_6985381

Digitimes reported that Intel will soon be taking some quad-core Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and 6800 processors out of the market. Orders will be accepted until July.

Besides, production of quad-core Q9550 and Q9650 will be cancelled in Q1'2009. As for quad-core Yorkfield processors, Intel will keep them until, at least, the end of 2009.

Intel also changed plans regarding dual-core Atom 330 processors. Previously, the company planned to launch their mass production in July. But, according to the source, the deficit of single-core Atom 230 CPUs forced the company to postpone it to September.

[Resources]

EDIT: Adding more information for price cuts of intel processors pre-nehalem.

The word on the streets of Taipei is that Intel is planning what could very well be the pre-Nehalem price cuts on existing and upcoming Core 2-based products.  The current plan is to reduce prices in the third quarter and add a few more CPUs just to firm-up the low and mid-range.  This could very well be a sign that we can expect a very strong launch from Nehalem, but we

I'm just waiting for the price to start showing, anyone have a website depicting a price range were expected to see with the Nehalem's?

I haven't seen anything this is the newest info on it. http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3326

I can't wait for a mac pro with 2 of them in it. 8 cores each, with hyper threading x 2 processors, it will be kicking some ass  :knuppel2: