Wireless Restrict Access VS WEP

wingzero2309

yeap

cloning a mac is not difficult at all window or lunix or whatever,

wep is still needed even if u only give access to the mac add you want to as Swimmer said encrypt

i dont think anyone would be intrested in cracking ur encryption key if u use 128 bit one

would be to hard

i dont even know if it is possible

WEP 10-15 sec to crack.. you have to dual boot linux then you can sniff for it.. WPA=hard if not impossible..  WEP was cracked a long time ago!!! the only thing that really sucks is that with WEP the speed will drop to the client.. 128 should be suffecent..  The time est. was based on heavy wireless usage..

JUST A NOTE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!!!  CRACKING THE WIRELESS PROTECTION ON SOMEONE ELSES ROUTER IS AGAINST THE LAW!  I DONT RECOMMEND TRYING IT UNLESS IT IS ON YOUR OWN HARDWARE!

Here is what I was talking about.. you would have to install a UNIX based os.. so like linux or BSD

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wepcrack/

It exploits the weakness in the WEP code.. fun stuff but it can get you into trouble!

it means how often will the key be valicated.. 

I have my AP set to re-authenticate every user every 30 minutes. Re-authentication produces a new Pairwise Transient Key (PTK) for the user. The Group Transient Key (GTK) is also set to update every 30 minutes.

so it basically makes sure that each of the clients are who they really say they are..

I would leave it to how it is set right now..