RoadRunner Help. Please?!

wyantm06

Well, I signed up for Turbo like 4 months ago. I JUST started getting my full speeds 15 Mbps and 768 Kbps. Well that lasted 3 days  :angry: Now I am back down to 3 Mbps, but still maintain the 768 Kbps. I already double checked my wireless settings and it is passcoded so no one can pirate my internet. What else could it be? I have not added any new software either. Because the speeds both dropped dramatically on both my laptop and desktop. Desktop is running XP, and Laptop is running Vista Home Premium. Please help, because TWC hasn't been help at all.

I wanted to add I am already on my second modem to...

First completely clean your computer of anything spyware related, viruses, trojans, malware, anything along those lines. Then if you can not achieve your advertised speeds call Roadrunner, and complain that your not getting your advertised speed. If this still does not help your speeds or if by testing your Freq, they find nothing or no problem, bring the modem in & or replace your modem with a purchased modem. I always found that my modem worked better, because I kept getting only pre-used modems. I like having my own, as I don't have to pay to lease the modem. Anyways try these steps, you might be getting a new if not newer modem.

Hmph I see your only your second modem, I would ask them to test your cable connection from where ever the connection is to your house, and within your house. I had a cable that was basically eaten through, bad apartment, have them test where ever you live and see if that could be a factor. Hope this helps, I never could achieve over 14 megs from roadrunner and I was on that same plan, only in New York. Peace.  [geek-small]

Well, I signed up for Turbo like 4 months ago. I JUST started getting my full speeds 15 Mbps and 768 Kbps. Well that lasted 3 days  :angry: Now I am back down to 3 Mbps, but still maintain the 768 Kbps. I already double checked my wireless settings and it is passcoded so no one can pirate my internet. What else could it be? I have not added any new software either. Because the speeds both dropped dramatically on both my laptop and desktop. Desktop is running XP, and Laptop is running Vista Home Premium. Please help, because TWC hasn't been help at all.

I wanted to add I am already on my second modem to...

Get used to it ! Thats the way they operate.  You have to get to level 3, and they will test you in network, say your fine, and or say something is wrong, before they come out to fix the " mysterious issue ", you will have your speed back.  They do this twice, then you get pissed, and move back to the lower bandwidth, your speeds will increase past what you were getting on the " turbo bullshit ". You'll later decide to get the  "turbo package " again, and go through the same thing again.  Enjoy your roadrunner  :)