Password Recovery

ShankeD

Long time no see, anyways i've just recently acuired a laptop that i can't log in due to the fact that I don't have the password. Its a Dell Latitude D400( peice of junk i know, but handy for storing 3gb music) it has no CD drive or floppy drive. It does have USB ports so i was thinking of using a flash drive, also the O/S is Win XP Professional.

Any help would be great

There is a master password for those.

You can get the master password for your Dell by calling Dell Technical Support at (800)624-9896.

Dell Technical Support will request the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the bottom of your Latitude.

If you were not the original owner of the Latitude, Dell will transfer registration of the used Latitude from the original owner with only the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the tag on the laptop.

To transfer the registration of a used Dell Latitude, fill out the Transfer of Ownership form on Dell's web site.

Or....if you are handy with a screwdriver,,,,

you can remove the bottom cover and locate the battery on the mobo and remove it for about 8 to 10 minutes and that will reset the password.

The battery looks like a giant watch battery.

]

There is a master password for those.

You can get the master password for your Dell by calling Dell Technical Support at (800)624-9896.

Dell Technical Support will request the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the bottom of your Latitude.

If you were not the original owner of the Latitude, Dell will transfer registration of the used Latitude from the original owner with only the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the tag on the laptop.

To transfer the registration of a used Dell Latitude, fill out the Transfer of Ownership form on Dell's web site.

Or....if you are handy with a screwdriver,,,,

you can remove the bottom cover and locate the battery on the mobo and remove it for about 8 to 10 minutes and that will reset the password.

The battery looks like a giant watch battery.

Maybe the bois password, thats it though. I'm sure thats what you were referring to.