We need oil.

This is so sad, we make it illegal to 'search for oil'. One question, how did we first extract oil. First by searching, we need the oil, we need our economy back, we're slipping so fast with the prices of gas it's not even right. It's scary to think, what we would do when we use all of it, but that's not in the near future. With everything we're currently find the reserves and what not, it's stupidity that we don't harvest these. I don't understand why the great countries of the world are making the common person, work for them if you will. By spending so much money on gas, and groceries. It makes me wonder where were headed.

:undecided:

• 2 weeks later...

we don't need oil, we need energy. but on the subject of oil, how dumb could bush be to invade iraq unnecessarily and not even be able to take thier oil for us. i mean if we are gonna do wrong to them which i disagree with 100% we might as well take their oil while we're at it.

Have you ever checked to see who all voted to invade Iraq? That would be nice.  :wink2:  That is the second time I read where you blame Bush for starting it "SINGLE HANDEDLY".

It is so much easier to debate with informed folks.  :cool:

of course i know there are damn votes on the issue, but bush is the f***ing president. he was the one i saw on tv blabbering about how "oh no, oh no they have weapons of mass destruction, they are the ones putting anthrax in evelopes and sending them to government agencies, oh no, oh no, they have biological weapons, oh no, even tho we searched their whole damn country and didn't find weapons of mass destruction we better invade them to make sure of it."

Do u mean to tell me that if he was against it or at least not supporting it that we wouldn't have invaded iraq? I'm not an idiot, i'm not misinformed, don't insult my intelligence, u can't win a debate by just saying the other person doesn't kno what they are talking about. Bush is the f***ing president and he had a bigger part in attacking iraq than anyone else.

If you were paying attention in the begginning it was the British Intelegence that came up with the most evidence of the WMD's in the first place. Not the US at all. But hey I am sure he has big enough shoulders for it.

look at the numbers of deaths of US vs British soldiers, does that mean anything to u?

Moaning about oil makes u sound like some selfless, old, country hick from america that makes this country look bad.  Someone who just waves the good ol' red white and blue and puts up a fake visage of tolerance when all he or she really wants is for the rest of the world to be the same...oh wait...  People in america need to get over this damn type of patriotism where we don't care about others before someone blows us all to hell with a nuke we helped to pay for through oil. People acted like this couldn't happen till 9/11. The same or worse will happen if we don't change our ways.

And even if we stop buying from the middle east, we need to stop polluting our earth. Some of u might be damn near senior citizens but i still have my whole life ahead of me and don't want to deal with this shit.

look at the numbers of deaths of US vs British soldiers, does that mean anything to u?

Moaning about oil makes u sound like some selfless, old, country hick from america that makes this country look bad.  Someone who just waves the good ol' red white and blue and puts up a fake visage of tolerance when all he or she really wants is for the rest of the world to be the same...oh wait...  People in america need to get over this damn type of patriotism where we don't care about others before someone blows us all to hell with a nuke we helped to pay for through oil. People acted like this couldn't happen till 9/11. The same or worse will happen if we don't change our ways.

And even if we stop buying from the middle east, we need to stop polluting our earth. Some of u might be damn near senior citizens but i still have my whole life ahead of me and don't want to deal with this shit.

YOur hilarious for sure.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

YOur hilarious for sure.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ok yeah that for sure wins the debate

this topic is stupid, sounds like something a mob of zombies would say, feeding off of oil instead of brains

"we need oil, we need oil, oil OIL!!!"

You asked me in PM' what was so funny, I have nothing to hide.

Yes it means we sent more soldiers there and mostly because we have a larger population to send.  :2funny:

Moaning about oil makes u sound like some selfless, old, country hick from America that makes this country look bad.  Someone who just waves the good ol' red white and blue and puts up a fake visage of tolerance when all he or she really wants is for the rest of the world to be the same
Now that would never do. I like to be an individual and that would make too many more like me then.  :haha: :haha: And so what does that make you anyway? If an old country hick from america is so bad?   :evil:

...oh wait...  People in america need to get over this damn type of patriotism where we don't care about others before someone blows us all to hell with a nuke we helped to pay for through oil. People acted like this couldn't happen till 9/11. The same or worse will happen if we don't change our ways.

I guess it all depends what you call senior citizens then, doesn't' it. So do you walk, ride a bike, or take a horse only? Or are you doing your part to use the same oil your complaining about polluting up your air?

And I have to admit I am sorry you don't have the balls for patriotism. But again thats not my problem. If you had to defend the very rights you are using at this moment you would not even be talking like that.

So there it is, why I thought you were so damned funny.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

ok yeah that for sure wins the debate this topic is stupid,
Now you let me know its a debate. I'd studied if I knew that.  :lol:

sounds like something a mob of zombies would say, feeding off of oil instead of brains

"we need oil, we need oil, oil OIL!!!"

I wonder if you say that with everything you turn on everyday. Plastic is petroleum based. So how are you even on the computer then? It must be hard to live that way.

I do have to admit you sound just the type to vote for Obama though. Best of luck in the election.  :cheesy:

You asked me in PM' what was so funny, I have nothing to hide.  Yes it means we sent more soldiers there and mostly because we have a larger population to send.  :2funny:

Now that would never do. I like to be an individual and that would make too many more like me then.  :haha: :haha: And so what does that make you anyway? If an old country hick from america is so bad?   :evil:

I guess it all depends what you call senior citizens then, doesn't' it. So do you walk, ride a bike, or take a horse only? Or are you doing your part to use the same oil your complaining about polluting up your air?

And I have to admit I am sorry you don't have the balls for patriotism. But again thats not my problem. If you had to defend the very rights you are using at this moment you would not even be talking like that.

So there it is, why I thought you were so damned funny.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Now you let me know its a debate. I'd studied if I knew that.  :lol:

I wonder if you say that with everything you turn on everyday. Plastic is petroleum based. So how are you even on the computer then? It must be hard to live that way.

I do have to admit you sound just the type to vote for Obama though. Best of luck in the election.  :cheesy:

WHOA :shocked:

did i just pluck tommie's nerves or something? How long are u gonna continue riding my behind on these forums? I think it takes crazy extreme people like you for america to find the true balanced conscience.

Tommie all i ask is that you stop waving your flag for a second put yourself in other people's shoes. Don't try to insult my intelligence like i use everything all day without thinking about the energy i use. I have energy saving light bulbs, air conditioner, and i carpool to work five days a week. Tommie all i am saying is that you are trying to insult my intelligence like i'm some misinformed obama supporter who doesn't know what the hell i'm talking about. Will you please lighten up. We both grew up with different experiences. I grew up on welfare half the time. I have a friend who came back from iraq with both legs blown off and his jaw who will be stuck in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. I have a cousin in iraq, a brother in the navy, two friends in the army, and one friend in the navy. None of them went because they wanted to except for one guy. I myself was lucky enough to get an academic scholarship to go to college. My point is that people grow up with different experiences and live through different things so we vote for different people based off of what has happened to me in my life these are the views i have you can't so easily and blatantly call everybody wrong who opposes you. I UNDERSTAND why and how some people like bush and mcain or are for digging for oil in america. But from what i've seen, the millions of blacks locked in the superdome for days with dying people around them and now things like http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/21/katrina.supplies/index.html this happening. You are so narrow minded and wave so flag so vigourosly you're not looking around you. and if you look you will see that more people are against you otherwise obama wouldn't be where he is right now Just like the stock market is a symptom not the cause of a bad economy, the president that is voted for is a symbol of what is going on in america and what the majority of people want. And hell even if obama is stupid about foreign issues and oil at least he is TRYING to solve more problems at home.

please tommie for the sake of my sanity, don't bug me again about how i'm a mindless obama supporter or an idiot who wants to preserve the state of our environment. I'll make a deal, i'll stay off ur threads and go my own way, and u just leave me alone, i don't start many of my own threads anyway. Come november just sit there and scratch your head and wonder how obama became president.

haha, this is kinda like what one of my professors told me. "noone ever listens to economist" things don't work the way most think they do. Give a guy a computer, the internet, and a tv switched to c-span and he thinks he knows it all.

I'm jumping in here to say this is a public forum, and the thread are as such. There will be no soliciting to stay on, or off any given thread.

There will be disagreements, we keep them in check, we don't allow inflammatory remarks to get out of hand. So anyone who feels there involved, please keep this in mind.

Now, this is a good discussion, and we could keep discussing personal opinions, and keep personal attacks out.

edit to add a few words of wisdom.

I'm jumping in here to say this is a public forum, and the thread are as such. There will be no soliciting to stay on, or off any given thread.

There will be disagreements, we keep them in check, we don't allow inflammatory remarks to get out of hand.

Now, this is a good discussion, and we could keep discussing personal opinions, and keep personal attacks out.

i wasn't serious, but yeah that true and ur right. i have nothing else to say anyway, but this guy is just going from thread to thread attacking what i say. He shouldn't put his ideas out there if he doesn't expect opposing ideas. He seems so shocked that someone else out there thinks differently.

i wasn't serious, but yeah that true and ur right. i have nothing else to say anyway, but this guy is just going from thread to thread attacking what i say.

I understand people get heated over there opinions, it's all good, we all have our sanity, at least I like to think so lol , lets all use our intelligence, and try not to take things personal. :)

I understand people get heated over there opinions, it's all good, we all have our sanity, at least I like to think so lol , lets all use our intelligence, and try not to take things personal. :)

haha yeah i should have known better than to start a debate over politics on the internet....

WHOA :shocked:

did i just pluck tommie's nerves or something? How long are u gonna continue riding my behind on these forums? I think it takes crazy extreme people like you for america to find the true balanced conscience.

LOL again you think you figured me out.  :lol:

So who did notcome from a welfare family? Your not alone. And how could I jump your threads when I am here all the time and I was in most of them in the first place.   :grin:

You are the one getting ruffled. I just find you humorous as you try to figure me out. I have debated a lot deeper than this, but this has no facts, just mostly idea's. And yet you keep hammering them out.

I could put out quite a few idea's of what I figure as to what you are too. But I prefer to leave that job to you.

Now back on topic we do need oil and its sad that we are in this state in the first place.

There will be disagreements, we keep them in check, we don't allow inflammatory remarks to get out of hand. So anyone who feels there involved, please keep this in mind.

edit to add a few words of wisdom.

that's what i was gonna say... :)

and i will still say...the sniping ends here and now...this isn't a debate...this is a discussion...and a damned good one...let's keep it sensible and intelligent...both of you have thrown insults...one more and i lock this...

and i might say for future reference for all...a personal message is just that...personal and the contents of which should NOT be revealed unless both parties agree...no it's not a rule it's just manners...

so yeh...the flaming ends here...

this is such a good discussion...please continue

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

Down another 4 bucks a barrel. Looks like they finally figured out prices go up, people stay home. Now they are concerned that americans are becoming less dependent on oil and just not spending the money on gas. Don't think that trend will ever change again. People are to worried gas will jump up way to much again, so habits will probally stay the same. Less travel, more walking, More fuel effecent cars. Big trucks and SUV's are becoming a thing of the past. America is feed up and just staying close to home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_prices

Down another 4 bucks a barrel. Looks like they finally figured out prices go up, people stay home. Now they are concerned that americans are becoming less dependent on oil and just not spending the money on gas. Don't think that trend will ever change again. People are to worried gas will jump up way to much again, so habits will probally stay the same. Less travel, more walking, More fuel effecent cars. Big trucks and SUV's are becoming a thing of the past. America is feed up and just staying close to home.

yeah i'm starting to see more and more toyota priuses in my area.