SMART BRO CELLSITE in Bangued (Abra) PADLOCKED by LGU of Bangued

syd vasquez

GENTLEMEN;

Since SMART BRO CELLSITE here in Bangued, Abra have been PADLOCKED by the LGU of Bangued we were already deprived of our subscription of our SMART BRO as back up ISP for our K@ISER INTERNET CAFE.  We were thinking LOUD of changing our MOTOROLA CANOPY MODEL- antennae in order to sustain our Internet Connection via SMART BRO.  What Model are we going to buy and how much?  PLEASE HELP!

SYD VASQUEZ

K@iser Internet Cafe

Abra Lodge No. 86 F&AM

hi there syd vasquez & welcome to tmn

does being padlocked mean smartbro has no more signal in your area? becoz it will be useless if you buy a new canopy if you will not be able to receive signal from them.

or are you currently using the usb modem (smartbro plugit)? 

COOLBUSTER,

All SMART  BRO as well as GLOBE CELLSITES here in Abra has a major transmitter at CANAO (Ilocos Sur) RADAR STATION which is transmitted to various CELLSITES in Abra Province, is it possible that I will change my present MOTOROLA CANOPY Antennae to a compatible model so that I can have SMART BRO signal just like other SMART BRO  CELL SITES in Abra?

from my experience, a subscriber doesn't have to buy a canopy antenna. for replacement, he just have to request it from the smartbro installer/franchisee/agency. for new subscription, it is included in the plan package.

regardless of if your gonna pursue with the purchase or not, let me give you this guide:

i only know two canopy antenna models which they are installing, these are

1. Canopy SM

The Subscriber Module (SM) is a customer premises equipment (CPE) device that extends network or Internet services by communication with an AP. The SM is configurable through a web interface. A Canopy SM can communicate with either a Canopy AP or an Advantage SP.

2. Canopy Lite

Canopy Lite SMs cost less and provide less throughput than regular Canopy SMs. They support the same radio frequencies, interference tolerance, and product reliability. They give operators the additional option to serve cost-sensitive customers who want standard services (web browsing, email, VoIP, and downloads), but do not require the higher throughput that is available with a regular Canopy SM. Canopy Lite SMs support an

aggregate (uplink plus downlink) throughput of 512 Kbps. Through purchased floating licenses that Prizm manages, they are upgradeable to 1, 2, 4, or 7 Mbps aggregate throughput. A Canopy Lite SM can communicate with only a Canopy Advantage AP.

The older antenna is Sendfar, faster than the Canopy in terms of speed but is rarely available.

• CA3LE locked this topic