Hello fellow forum members. Just a quick TcpIp question concerning RWIN.

scdreamin3

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say Hi, and I am glad to be a part of this community. I am new here, just signed on today. My name is chris and I am from the great state of South Carolina. The living is good here, but unfortunately where I live the phone company is kind of behind the times when it comes to technology. I mean hey, they just upgraded from the two tin cans on a string thing. lol. Anyway, I just have a quick question, and I am sure there will be more to follow. I recently was reading up on how to set my RWIN values to help boost my speed. I am not sure if I have it set right. Just a little background. I am connected to the internet via tethering to my alltel Samsung sch-r500 (hue). Out here in the country I get maybe a 41% signal on a good day. I have added a new Dword value to Hkey local machine-->System-->CurrentControlSet-->Services-->TcPip-->Parameters. The value is set at 32000. Does that seem to be the best value for this type of connection?  Please help with any suggestions. Thank you so much for your time.  Chris

And I guess I should include the test. Sorry about that.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 477 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 58 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/07/14 - 7:54am

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 17.66 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 52.754 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 65.34 % of your hosts average (41.143)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-L6Q13TK8M

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 [!]

Welcome to testmy.net scdreamin3, the tin can thing made me lmao.  :haha:

Have you tried using cablenut ? <a href=https://testmy.net/topic-1013>VanBurens cablenut settings</a>

have so many predefined settings in packages for every connection, he's the master, and literally thousands if not more people, use his settings. You can find the link to the cablenut program there as well.

Download cablenut, then look through vans files to find the connection you have , and apply them, you'll be amazed !

If you need help finding the right one post back, and you'll get help form one of us. :) Make sure , after installing cablenut, you restart, and after every time you change the CCS files, you restart, then run the download test.

Hi mudmanc4, and thanks;

I am currently using cablenut. I have tried multiple settings but to no avail. Each time I change the settings, I do restart, but I guess I just cant find the right setup. A quick rundown of my setup - - I am connected to Alltel Axcess MobileLink via a tethered cell phone to my pc. The cell phone is a Samsung SCH-R500 (Alltel Hue).I can't complain much, as I do see speeds around 400-500 kbps, lots better than dial up 56k.  However, Alltel advertises that they have speeds up to 1.5 Mbps, so I am trying to achieve that, to not much avail. Anyway, down to the details. I did 10 tests on Speakeasy, they averaged 467 kbps/down  61kbps/up. I am running windows XP SP 3. Although the Adjuster does not seem to have a setting for it. The newest version of windows it has is Windows 2000. I downloaded and installed version 4.08 of cablenut.Here is my TCP/IP analyzer test results: