anti virus programs are turning to garbage........

ninjageek

So I like most like avast. That is until it refused to let me update my admuncher. Never asked me if I wanted to block it or not. Just did. Not real happy with avg 8.0.  Now pay attention DON"T DO THIS AT HOME!!  I am simply gonna dump the anti virus until I find something that works well. You guys having any issues with avg or avast. Sure seems of late getting LOTS of false positives out of both.

...How long have you had AVAST!?  After so many months (I think its around 11 months) you have to resubscribe to all of your products from the company. freeware or not. its still going to be free. but you have to resubscribe....  Probably whats going on.

AVG 8.0 is nice, you just have to have it configured correctly...

You can try a software firewall with included antivirus if you want. Zone Labs product Zone Alarm is freeware and pretty secure and comes with antivirus scanner included in the program its self. Or try Comodo firewall, its extremely tight and has pretty much no need for an antivirus if you are careful and know what to go to and what not to go to. 

I'm not familiar with admuncher....but if its an ad/popup blocker, there are pretty much an ample amount of those too... Post back if you would like some suggestions. 

Hope this all helps  [nerd]

can try Avira AntVirus. Only thing that can be annoying is the ad that pops up every time there is an update. But the good things is that it doesn't take me out of game so heh doesnt bother me any. As for updates i get about 3,4 or more a day with Avira. Same with my Webroot Spysweeper ! No threats so far

So I like most like avast. That is until it refused to let me update my admuncher. Never asked me if I wanted to block it or not. Just did. Not real happy with avg 8.0.  Now pay attention DON"T DO THIS AT HOME!!  I am simply gonna dump the anti virus until I find something that works well. You guys having any issues with avg or avast. Sure seems of late getting LOTS of false positives out of both.

So go back to AVG Free Edition 7.5.518 like I did.  :azn:

http://filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus/3886/

As long as it is updating,I'm using it. I had a couple of issues too w/8.0. BUt 7.5 is still working. And I figure they might till it gets the bugs worked out.

Thanks tommie. Followed your advice and just installed avg 7.5.

Starship, Admuncher is a great little adblocker. I use opera and maxthon, I just find it easier to use admuncher to block all the garbage and it works well. Best 26 bucks I ever spent. It updates itself, works with all browsers so I only have to worry about one adblocker for the 2 or 2 browsers I use. Once in awhile I will fire up firefox.