Alltel/Verizon merge. Poll to see how many people think its a bad idea. lol

scdreamin3

Should Alltel and Verizon Merge?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should Alltel and Verizon Merge?

• Yes, it would help both companies and ultimately customers in the long run.
    • No, it would bring the levels of service of both companies down, and ultimately hurt the customers.
    • Undecided.

Well it's official, as you all may well know. Alltel will be merging with Verizon. :angry:

I don't know the exact date. It is a real bummer, me being an Alltel subscriber. Currently I have my Samsung SCH-R500 tethered to my pc. I use my cell phone as a modem and only pay $25 a month for unlimited data usage. Verizon is coming in and I am sure that will change. Verizons data plans are limited. I think the highest you can use per month is 5GB for $59.99/month. I go through 5GB in a week.  :grin:  Anyway, I am starting this thread to see what thoughts everyone has on the merge. Please post. Thanks.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=planFirst&action=viewPlanDetail&sortOption=priceSort&catId=409&lid=//global//plans//wireless+internet+plan 

http://www.gearlog.com/2008/06/verizonalltel_merger_not_until.php  

share2-RGQ31PCSI&dual=yes&q2=MHIBJ4QOZ

The poll is up gang. Sorry about that, I am new to forums. I guess I should have read the rules a little more closely. The instructions for starting a poll were a little vague, so I did a google and found out how to start a poll in "The embroidery forum." Wow, yes there is such a forum.  :grin:  Anyway, thanks for your patience.