Setting up RAID0 - How do I go about this.

x_6985381

I own a EVGA 680i LT I've looked up how to setup RAID0 but I need to install RAID0 drivers using a floppy diskette, theres the probley I do not own a floppy disc, and there for can not install the drivers needed to run RAID0 I do own a USB drive, I was just wondering if I could possible get some help setting up RAID0 on my 680i LT, if there was a way to install the drivers without using a floppy, and if so, I would also need to know how to Ghost copy my hard-drive, I'm planning on running two 250Gb HDD's but I don't even know where to start, could someone please help me through this process, it would help so much! Thanks for your help if you decide to help me!

- Philly [nerdly]

Lol, I'm trying to get RAID drivers to boot after I install XP I'm guessing as what I'm reading, but I can not do that unless I have a floppy drive and floppy disc, which I do not have, I'm trying to get the drivers for my motherboard (EVGa 680i LT) on to a CD bootable RAID setup disc.

Lol, I'm trying to get RAID drivers to boot after I install XP I'm guessing as what I'm reading, but I can not do that unless I have a floppy drive and floppy disc, which I do not have, I'm trying to get the drivers for my motherboard (EVGa 680i LT) on to a CD bootable RAID setup disc.

You have to setup the raid before you install XP.

That EXE file you posted, what it does it setup a floppy disk  with tool and drives to setup the raid, it makes it a bootable disk. If you run that exe, it might give you a option to copy the files to a USB key, if not there has to be one around that will do that, since most people no longer have floppy drives.

Also keep in mind, consumer raid sucks. It hardly ever gives a performance increase, and is a pain in the ass to get working right sometimes. If you really want to do it, but a raid controller.

I would also advise not doing raid 0. If for any reason the raid were to fail you would loose everything. If you really want to do raid, get your self another drive and do raid 10

I helped a family friend move this weekend, and I've aquired a floppy drive and a few floppy disc, windows vista installed using a newer file from EVGA only for Vista, so I went and downloaded the file at my sisters and am going to attempt it when I get home. Hopefully it'll work, I'm going to try RAID0 I guess, doesn't really matter to me, just want to try it out.