Another enlightenment about Obama

Yep email.

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:47:32 +0000

I am a VHCM member, I spent 12 months in Vietnam (147th CH47-CE) as most of us did. I am also a disabled veteran; I have been a wheelchair user for 35 years now. A few months ago I went to listen to Barack Obama at a local college. When he was done with his speech I got in line to ask him a question. When my time came, my question was;

'Senator Obama; I work with disabled veterans throughout the VA Hospital system, what is your plan for our veterans, especially our disabled veterans who use the VA Hospitals for their care?'  I stated we need mandatory funding for our VA system to ensure the care is available when needed, especially in light of the current situation in Iraq and the numbers of troops who are coming home with severe disabilities.

He told one of his aides to get my name, blew me off, did not answer my question and I never heard from him or the aide again.  Is this who we want as our 'Commander in Chief'?

He wouldn't even answer a 'veterans' question, regarding other veterans.

Take it for what it's worth.....just thought I'd pass on my experience with Mr. Obama.

Regards,

Gary McDermott

147th ASH Hillclimbers Vung Tau, RVN 68-69  CH 47 CE

If you are wishing for hope and change, you better know what the salesman is selling.

CISAT Copy Center MSC 4311 HHS 1002 Phone 568-8731 IM: jmucopy1

"Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present"

YOu can take it how you want, but he would and his racist wife would have nothing to run for if not for the veterans in the first place, they should be thankful instead. I know I am. BASTAGE anyway.

I agree that obama is running on NOTHING ! He speaks of all this change, what change, ever heard the saying,  " the more things change, the more they stay the same " ?  His speeches are filled with the ramblings of a writer that is trying to say nothing , by saying a whole lot of nothing. 

In this case, it sounds like the rest of the writings of people that have spoken w/ him, without a TelePrompTer, he can't answer anything. Don't believe it ? Just pay more attention.

obama is a fool. He doesn't under stand anything about how to run a country.

He wants to rase taxes on the rich, which is beyond stupid, the upper 10% of the country already pays 80% of the tax, he wants them to be around 90% that is insane. What he fails to realize is that if you lower the taxes on the rich they actually pay more because they make more money., but if you raise it they pay less money.

And if he doesn't think that raising taxes on the rich wont effect the middle class in a bad way, he is even dumber then we all think.

If they would just get spending under control, and stop wasting money, they could cut our taxes in 1/2.

Hopefully people have enough since to not put him in office, then we won't be paying $8 for a gallon of gas.

I'm going to be like Jessie Jackson and say he is "Just Another N****"

whoa thats going a little too far, lets not get racist, i'm african american and i wouldn't expect to read that on a respectable site like this.

anyway i think people are too hard on obama and are just skeptical because of all the good he promises. But he doesn't even promise everything good, he promises that he will do his best and respect what americans want. What i mean is that if obama wrongly invaded iraq like bush did, obama wouldn't have gone on for years still about how he is still right for doing it when there is obviously no reason for it. Osama runs free while saddam hussein is dead because bush junior felt like he owed his daddy something.

i mean come on, give the man a chance, after 8 years of bush, someone like obama who only wants to do good can't be so bad.

obama won't invade iraq and still say he was right 4 years later, obama won't say he was under sniper fire in bosnia if he wasn't and still say there was sniper fire after an obvious video, and i believe that obama will admit that his technique was wrong and change them if things go wrong and obama will change his foreign policy if he has to. people talk about him flip flopping on issues and that he has no experience, i think this is bad for campaigning but in the long run GOOD for the world. if he needs to change then he should.

WE NEED TO STOP LOVING OUR COUNTRY SO MUCH AND PUT THE GOVERNMENT IN A POSITION THAT WE CAN TRUST IT. although i can't say i love every opinion of obama, i TRUST that he will do good for our country. People love candidates because they are exactly what they view in themselves, but i myself would rather trust the candidate that they would do what they need to do opposite of what they originally said. People loved bush and his wars when he first started them but now bush is stubbornly sticking by his wars cus of how much people origianlly loved him, but now its too late and he won't leave iraq because of how much people loved him and locked him into the idea of war.

anyway i think people are too hard on obama and are just skeptical because of all the good he promises. But he doesn't even promise everything good, he promises that he will do his best and respect what americans want. What i mean is that if obama wrongly invaded iraq like bush did, obama wouldn't have gone on for years still about how he is still right for doing it when there is obviously no reason for it. Osama runs free while saddam hussein is dead because bush junior felt like he owed his daddy something.

Sometimes people forget Bush didn't start it, and the rest of the government gave permission to go into Iraq.  Remember who started it ?  Not what personal choices of media outlets say either. The people of America have way too short of memory.

Sometimes people forget Bush didn't start it, and the rest of the government gave permission to go into Iraq. Remember who started it ?  Not what personal choices of media outlets say either. The people of America have way too short of memory.

yeah, true but my point is candidates shouldn't tell everyone what they want to hear because they want to be popular, they should tell the people the cold hard truth. I don't love obama's ideas about taxes sometimes but i TRUST he will do what it takes to make the country better, even if it means changing his policy, this is why i'm voting for him.

Can we seriously sit here and spit on Obama after 8 years of bush? Bush is so idiotic that people are telling him what he needs to do but he's so damn stubborn he won't listen.

Honestly i kinda expected this much resistance to Obama, i mean they shot abe lincoln and the kennedys no doubt someone's gonna hate on obama

yeah, true but my point is candidates shouldn't tell everyone what they want to hear because they want to be popular, they should tell the people the cold hard truth. I don't love obama's ideas about taxes sometimes but i TRUST he will do what it takes to make the country better, even if it means changing his policy, this is why i'm voting for him.

Can we seriously sit here and spit on Obama after 8 years of bush? Bush is so idiotic that people are telling him what he needs to do but he's so damn stubborn he won't listen.

Honestly i kinda expected this much resistance to Obama, i mean they shot abe lincoln and the kennedy's no doubt someones gonna hate on obama

All very interesting but I see very little of proof other than Obama's words that prove he will do anything. And who says he wil do it all? He is just a  slick salesman who is after the black vote. The same as Hilary was after the female vote. And she came as close. NO BUsh did not do all that you say. YOu sound like you listen to the media too much.  :wink2:

All very interesting but I see very little of proof other than Obama's words that prove he will do anything. And who says he wil do it all? He is just a  slick salesman who is after the black vote. The same as Hilary was after the female vote. And she came as close. NO BUsh did not do all that you say. YOu sound like you listen to the media too much.  :wink2:

If i'm not listening to the media then who do i listen to? and yeah i do listen to the media but i can dicern the difference between bs and legit stuff. I mean better listening to the media than the idiot on this forum calling obama a ni**er. i mean obama is for the three major issues that need to be solved, clean energy, a legit exit plan from iraq, and bringing back the middle class. Like i said i don't agree 100% on anything he says but still i trust he will solve it. No one person is gonna be able to solve everything. And yeah he's a slick salesman but hell he's got to get in office before he can do anything, so what? And blacks are only 16% of the population. Hilary had women and all the bill supporters, obama beating her shows how much faith people have in him.

obama's for the middle class either way, what's wrong with that? I'm an economics major and i kno obama taxing the rich is no worse than bush's foolish stimulus plan.

obama's for exiting iraq on a REALISTIC time scale, what's wrong with that?

obama's for clean energy, what's wrong with that?

this are the positions that most people agree with and obama is realistic about solving this issues, what is there to hate about him?

So your is that supposed to  change things?

I am american, not Irish american.

no i was just letting him kno that african americans use the internet to and he should be more respectful in what he says. i'm not one to complain about someone calling someone a nigger but i was just letting him kno