dark knight performance?

was the performance better in the dark knight than in the 1989 movie?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. was the performance better in the dark knight than in the 1989 movie?

• yes heath ledger is better
    • no jack nicholson is better
    • they are the same
    • havent seen it
    • cant decide

i saw it today, i have to say it is arguably, in my opinion, the best of the batman movies. It seems that the competition from marvel has made the dc movies better. The movie is so amazing, really. It could be arguably the best super hero movie of the summer. Iron man was pretty good, but heath ledger really put this movie over the top. There is also another little surprise in store. This movie could have ended halfway through and would have been great but it goes on for two and a half hours and that just makes it even more because it gives u more than u asked for. hurry and go see it.

When i first heard that heath ledger died, i didn't care that much(yeah i cared some he's a human being but u kno what i mean), but after this movie, i was like wow, this guy was great, and then i started to think of all he could have still offered hollywood. I think this is his best performance and i think its a pity that if he wins awards people might say its only because he died, but really his performance is so good, anyone who sees this movie won't believe that. This movie really revived the batman series.

I don't think its fair to really compare the two, considering they where completely different versions of the character, and batman story all together.  If Heath hadn't died, it would have made the movie better.  Now its just weird because you know that they can't continue the story the way they had intended.  I don't think any other actor can pull off the subtleties of the character the way that Ledger did.  Like the deliberate pauses in speach, and the random lip licking.

I don't think its fair to really compare the two, considering they where completely different versions of the character, and batman story all together.  If Heath hadn't died, it would have made the movie better.  Now its just weird because you know that they can't continue the story the way they had intended.  I don't think any other actor can pull off the subtleties of the character the way that Ledger did.  Like the deliberate pauses in speach, and the random lip licking.

Well really they can continue, because the next one wouldn't have him in it. You know who is going to be in the next one, and it wouldn't be ledger's character.

Yay..now that we're unlocked lol...

"You know who" as in who?

They didn't end the joker story, and im sure they had every intention of bringing him back for the 3rd.  I jus felt sad at the end of it.  It was an excellent picture though.

Yay..now that we're unlocked lol...

"You know who" as in who?

They didn't end the joker story, and im sure they had every intention of bringing him back for the 3rd.  I jus felt sad at the end of it.  It was an excellent picture though.

Well they can always bring him back, you just gotta find someone who can really get into that role. There are a few people who could do that pretty well.