Monitor stuck in power save mode! I can't see anything!

altoidz

That would be the next step. Before you do that is there a friend or someone else who has a video card you can borrow first. This way you can be sure it the card and not a motherboard problem or something else that is causing the problem.

Alright, just borrowed my friend's old 7600GT. Popped the card in, no dice.  :angry: At least I saved me some money. Like I said earlier, I'm use to hearing this beep. I turn the computer on, *beep*, monitor turns on, I see the screen that says the name of my mother board Asus P5n whatever, and at the bottom, press f8 to enter safe mode, and bios settings and whatnot. Then after that another screen, then the windows logo and everything else. But, this screen isn't showing up, and there isn't a beep! What could this mean?

Take out the ram, video card, disconnect the harddrive  and any thing else you have hook up to the motherboard. Just leave on the power supply wires and the start up button hook up.and turn it on. You should get the error beeps. If you do then install one thing at a time till you get to the problem that you are having now.

Edit- I have to go ,got one hell of a thunder storm go on outside.