Hi Everyone!

sixhotpeppers

I am new here to the forum. I have been using testmy.net for about 3 months without signing up due to the fact that I have Hughes for my satellite provider. Lately I have been noticing that the speed test that hughes provides is w-r-o-n-g. It always comes back with a result of 1100+ download speed. Of course I know this isn't right, when I can hardly even browse thew internet in the evenings. I come here and run the test and it claims correct 'are you on dial up or something?'. Lol. My speeds in the daytime are great, but get so slow in the evenings that I can't hardly browse. I haven't had the chance to browse the forum yet, but plan to in the morning. Thanks all. Glad I signed up.  :grin2:

• 1 month later...

I am new here to the forum. I have been using testmy.net for about 3 months without signing up due to the fact that I have Hughes for my satellite provider. Lately I have been noticing that the speed test that hughes provides is w-r-o-n-g. It always comes back with a result of 1100+ download speed. Of course I know this isn't right, when I can hardly even browse thew internet in the evenings. I come here and run the test and it claims correct 'are you on dial up or something?'. Lol. My speeds in the daytime are great, but get so slow in the evenings that I can't hardly browse. I haven't had the chance to browse the forum yet, but plan to in the morning. Thanks all. Glad I signed up.  :grin2:

like you been with them four months , that is how long it took me to get what i paid for ,  that is to get the speeds we pay for,  I find that hughes and this site run very close in thier readings,

if you have trouble, , make three test every time you make one,  do it three times a day , do it for at least fours  days,  this gives you a good record for you and them to evaluate.  thye wil only accept hughes net site info . 

don't know which plan your on but the basic plan i have been told has a low threshold of 200 kb far from a 1000 kb or one meg,  their staements say up to 758 on low plan but you will never see it i think ,  ine should at least expect to get halve  below that seems ridiculous and deceptive .  ggod luck