cannot access router

insideout

I'm using a Linksys Router BEFSR41 ver 2 and AOL DSL. I want to access my router to check something but I cannot. I type in 192.168.1.1 in Internet Explorer but it directs me to Broadxent DSL Moden Configuration. I was just wondering what this site is for and how I can log in? It asks me for a username and password but I don't know what that is. Plus I want to access the router page because I'm trying to see if it's messing up my Xbox Live. I tested my upload speed....and it's like 48 percent of the average aol speed! wtf! I keep getting kicked off of Live, which is really annoying. Well anyway, if anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

well "192.168.1.1"  should most deffinalty go to the router.

Username : 

password : admin

(dont put anything in the username colum)

but if you put 192.168.1.1 and it goes to the modem... then i have no clue my friend. mabey try 192.168.1.2  ?

ok enter admin in both the user name and password fields..  I referenced the manual and this is what it says to do..

might want to check this page out.. http://www.linksys.com/support/top10faqs/befsr41/Having%20problems%20connecting%20to%20AOL%20Broadband%20using%20the%20BEFSR41.asp

and update to the lastest firmware..