Can't Change My Ip Anymore

Emotive

One word: Vista, no but seriously, network is basically controlled in a new manor, there-fore you'd most likely not be able too, I do know that you can change it from the NIC Driver just like XP, try this, if not then get in touch with your ISP, see what the problem is, or if they've just stopped allowing that. [geek-small]

If he is talking about a local IP address, then thats really easy to do. Its done the same way in vista, as on XP.  Just go to network connections in the control panel. right click on the network card you want to change the IP address for. click properties, then you want to change the TCP/IP settings.

A internet IP can be changed. Just depends if you are on DSL that can be changed just by unplugging your modem. Unless you have a static IP. Cable is a little harder but can be done, you just have to leave the modem unplugged for a really long time.

A internet IP can be changed. Just depends if you are on DSL that can be changed just by unplugging your modem. Unless you have a static IP. Cable is a little harder but can be done, you just have to leave the modem unplugged for a really long time.

Understood, but my comment was towards physically changing the ISP router  leased IP.  The only way your going to get another IP from the ISP is if the router isn't handling close to it's capacity, and there are several renews going on at the same time your connection is terminated , or there is a reboot for some reason.

It also depends on the lease time they have set into the router config.

I've had an IP before for almost three months, and left the modem unplugged for a three day vacation, came back, to be leased the same address.

If he is talking about a local IP address, then thats really easy to do. Its done the same way in vista, as on XP.  Just go to network connections in the control panel. right click on the network card you want to change the IP address for. click properties, then you want to change the TCP/IP settings.

I used to be able to change my internet IP and I have a cable modem but when I get on my XP computer its easy to change but when I use it on VISTA it wont change period.. everyone tells me the OS has no effect on this but thats false because its obvious if i hook up my other pc i can change my ip with XP but i get back on this other pc I can't..