PLDT Landline+DSL plan. R U Satisfied?

elijahpaul

Hi all,

It's been a month when I first filed an application for a landline+dsl (Plan 990). Finally, i'm connected again! (used to be a Smart BRO user) [nerd]

All I can say is, wow. The advertised speed is at par with the tested speed that i got from testmy.net and another site (I haven't done any tweaking on my registry or hardwares yet).

How bout y'all? What can ya say about myDSL? [geek]

I wish I could also switch to pldt dsl. I'm getting tired of smart's service  too... but I can't switch to pldt dsl even if our landline is pldt. They said that our area can't be connected with pldt dsl because our telephone lines were old or not suited for dsl.  :sad3:

Woah, elijahpaul! Welcome to myDSL :2funny:

I also switched to myDSL Experience Plan (999/1Mbps)

For now, my speeds are way too low (300-400Kbps). I called up customer service (fast response) and they said they filed a report. I will have to check back in 2-3 days and see if they really did their job... You applied for the bundled plan, right? I applied for the separate line: Phone line of Php600 and DSL of Php999.

By the way, where are you located? And Flash also... I am in Zamboanga

Woah, elijahpaul! Welcome to myDSL  :2funny:

I also switched to myDSL Experience Plan (999/1Mbps)

For now, my speeds are way too low (300-400Kbps). I called up customer service (fast response) and they said they filed a report. I will have to check back in 2-3 days and see if they really did their job... You applied for the bundled plan, right? I applied for the separate line: Phone line of Php600 and DSL of Php999.

By the way, where are you located? And Flash also... I am in Zamboanga

hope they fix your connection. i'm in Baguio.  :cool:

PLDT MyDSL offered me a stable 512 Kbps for P998. will be connected in a week.

i have already terminated the crappy Smartbro. why are the packages different from one area to another? elaijahpaul's landline+dsl (Plan 990) and mine at P998. hmmm...

any comment from anyone who knows or anybody with longer experience with PLDT MyDSL?

I'm confused with all the plans of pldt mydsl so I just wanna ask this, Does PLDT have a plan for those people that does not have PLDT landline? We have a landline but it's from a local company in our area.

i guess you gotta have their landline. why don't you quit your old phone and apply for the Landline+DSL package? or just add another phone line in your house.  :wink:

i haven't paid anything yet. PLDT told me the cost is P1650 all in all for the installation and 1st month subscription

why is it different? i remembered paying P2,500 (not P1,200) for the modem only, since the installation is free. they said i will pay my first month subscription when the bill comes at the end of the month.  :?

I used to be one of the first connected through SMARTBro, only because our area wasn't myDSL ready yet. Lousy service all around for a year and half.

A neighbor of mine who (I didn't know at the time) is a PLDT employee told me to switch to myDSL because our area was activated already. He helped with the application and installation himself, and I was up and running in no time.

I got the Plan 999 then, which was a guaranteed 512kbps with a burst of 768kbps. Now I believe our area has been upgraded to that 1280kbps speed. Oh, yeah, I live in the Novaliches, Quezon City area.

share2-M3WX7GRJD

So, bottom line. Very satisfied (so far).  :wink2:

it seems there's inconsistency issue here on pldt plan offers esp. on the costs.

anyways, elijahpaul, how would you like tweaking MyDSL using TCP Optimizer? I believe there's still room for improvement.  :smiley:

already did all the tweakin there is-- tcp and registry tweaks. i even opened the config page (like that of smartbro's canopy) of zyxel p-600 modem.

I used to be one of the first connected through SMARTBro, only because our area wasn't myDSL ready yet. Lousy service all around for a year and half.

A neighbor of mine who (I didn't know at the time) is a PLDT employee told me to switch to myDSL because our area was activated already. He helped with the application and installation himself, and I was up and running in no time.

I got the Plan 999 then, which was a guaranteed 512Kbps with a burst of 768Kbps. Now I believe our area has been upgraded to that 1280Kbps speed. Oh, yeah, I live in the Novaliches, Quezon City area.

share2-M3WX7GRJD

So, bottom line. Very satisfied (so far).  :wink2:

hah! seems like all of us came from smartbro. anyway, i think my bandwidth here is capped by a limiter. i know a tweak which inlvoves manipulating something in my phoneline but i haven't tried it yet, too lazy and i don't have much time.  :grin:

it seems all of you are satistified with this pldt service.I am smartbro user before,and for me after some tweaking my canopy it gave me a satisfying speed.Unlike now pldt mydsl is a shit for me.I need to wake up at 3 am to surf the internet without interruption.Im here in cebu.

A PLDT area manager called me after I called tech support and told me that we were connected to the wrong port, we were connected to the one that offers only 400kbps max instead of the 1.2mpbs. Sheesh! She said she would see what she could do to settle this problem. I hope she does or the DTI will settle this!

As for morlock, what plan are you on? Have you tried calling tech support?

A PLDT area manager called me after I called tech support and told me that we were connected to the wrong port, we were connected to the one that offers only 400Kbps max instead of the 1.2mpbs. Sheesh! She said she would see what she could do to settle this problem. I hope she does or the DTI will settle this!

As for morlock, what plan are you on? Have you tried calling tech support?

so, there is such a thing as a port for different speeds huh. anyway, i'm already satisfied with my DSL+phone bundle Plan 990 because the advertised speed should only be 384 kbps / 192 kbps but im getting 800+ kbps when downloading.

good luck on buzzing your PLDT tech support.  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now using plan 990 with phone line,my problem is that my speed slows down during the day.so i need to wake up early to get the speeds you are having.i've done so much tweaking already.One day i went to PLDT to report my problem they just give a stub on using 173 hotline.I was shocked and replied sarcastically..blah..blah.. blah...Wow for Elijahpaul coz you're getting 800+kbps downloading speeds! for me smartbro is fast when you apply the principles given here in our site.More power to all the members!!! :angel:

These are my test results, Plan 999, 1Mbps:

Hmm, somehow, when I do a speedtest online, I sometimes get only 200-400Kbps but when I start up utorrent or use flashget, i get about 150-180kB/s (Note: Please check the capitalization, small 'b' and big 'B') Any ideas how to fix this?

share2-UV8MS004J

share2-J1HBYRWID

share2-VH2A5MBX4

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my PLDT ADSL connection and I must say I'm very happy with it. Likewise, I'm a previous Sm***bro subscriber for over two years. At last I got rid of my internet connection headache, now I can download at 100+ k/s and at the same time seed the torrent, plus a lot of things I can't do before with that smart connection. My Ubuntu box is very much happy indeed...Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

paying Php 998 for a stable PLDT MyDSL 600-800 Kbps connection is better than a stupid P999 for a crappy unstable 384 Smartbro  :wink:

amen to that dude.. we just recently switched in to pldt mydsl plan 999 this morning.. but for the mean time our dl rate would only offer 270kpbs but my friend (which is a dsl subscriber also) told me that it would take 1 week before i can see the difference of speed change.. and i hoped that i would pass 1000kpbs+ speed mark with your helpful tweaks  :haha: :haha: :haha:

i really really hate smartbro's services. because the money you pay them is not worth it because of slow connections not like pldt dsl even though  its not 1Mbps advertised speed but still its faster than smartbro's 384Kbps advertise speed..