OpenDNS-How to in SmartBro

johnrance87

it do work..

try going to OPENDNS.com its really great im actually trying it now.. very good for family or business use...

i suggest you set this up on your router so you wont have to individually setup each pc connected on it.

the site gives a very thorough instructions.

It sometimes takes a while for the IP's to propagate , so it doesn't come into effect instantly.

Ianonline, post your results , look at the search browser once you have set up opendns, when you brows, or type in an address, you might see the opendns icon in the address field, and when you do a search, and it doesn't come up with anything, you'll be directed to there search page.

oh yeah!

:grin: :grin: i already did this previously  :grin: :grin:

i thought there was some other way, knowing that SmartBro uses dynamic IP and that all IPs are under web proxy servers[does this make sense? i hope it does:)]

Thanks though for sharing your knowledge about this...

So grateful  :grin: :grin: :2funny: :2funny:

basically along the process of setting up you are actually asked to enter a username  and password that would serve as your identification so you can make all the necessary permission to a specific group/type of website. i for once set it to high just to test it, and yeah it blocked MYSPACE..

if you will browse through the dashboard of opendns you can even actually set your own personalized message and even upload a customized image/logo..

i heard about this but never tried it, until you started this thread... so im also thankful for bringing this up..

:idea::-P

all you have to remember is your username and password for OPENDNS

and the figures

YES YES! you can use it without using a router all you have to do is to configure the DNS.. the website illustrated everything perfectly.. :)