The waits over, soon. LOL.

x_6985381

After a lighting storm destroyed my second EVGA 680i LT Motherboard, and shipping it back to them for an RMA. I will be recieving the new replacement later today. I'm hoping that it will not be a refurbished motherboard as I've read in a few forums. I can't wait to get off this damn Pentium 4 processor and back onto my Core 2 Duo. I've never notcied just how much faster the Core 2 Duo's are than my old Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz. So today I'm looking forward to, my fingers are shaking and crap only have 4 hours of sleep, drinking coffee right now too, I'm just anticipating it's arrival. It's been 2 weeks without my baby.

:cry:

Alright thanks man, you've helped, I'm going to try vista install then Virtual Machine, then Windows XP. is their any performance issues with Virtual Machines?

Depends, vista sure, but you can allocate certain memory features in the VM,   Either way, your running two OS's on one machines worth of hardware, so you know.

I have ultimate installed on one partition, then installed on a VM, works pretty good. Not perfect, but real good. If your system can handle it.

For the love of god just install xp!  vista is pretty and nice but the friggin issues it has is just not worth it. Allways forgetting programs that are installed than asking " do you have the disk to install this item? "  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Not to mention the numerous networking and speed issues.

If i had the chance, id go back to xp in a minute, but dell says my pc was designed to run on vista so.......  :cry:

I've got the motherboard back, and strange this motherboard is the same as the one I shipped in but it came with a BIOS I've never tested, it was how ever literally very unstable and when I was installing windows XP, Failed install once and then failed to launch until I got it completely updated. Although those issues were small the BIOS was P03 I quickly installed P07 which I burned to a Cd-R Disc a while back now, I was really rather impressed with the P03 BIOS because it would overclock beyond belief, and my temps were in the low 85F, it was however very unstable. I've had it for a day now, and I have to say it's rather nice having my core 2 duo back. Very nice indeed. :]!

:grin2:

For the love of god just install xp!  vista is pretty and nice but the friggin issues it has is just not worth it. Allways forgetting programs that are installed than asking " do you have the disk to install this item? "  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Not to mention the numerous networking and speed issues.

If i had the chance, id go back to xp in a minute, but dell says my pc was designed to run on vista so.......  :cry:

Aloha, I'm not very knowledgeable about forums, as you can see I don't post that much, but do read.

Anyway, one of my 1st.post was about "hating" Vista. And should have returned to that thread(?) and posted a follow up.

I actually LOVE Vista now! Well, Vista Home Premium anyway. I have no problems what so ever, however there are times I miss XP Pro, maybe because I was use to it? I do know I wouldn't have bought the program itself & upgraded to it, at least not for quite awhile.

In fact I almost didn't buy this machine because Vista came with it, but the price (I feel) was to good to pass up. OH! Just thought, Right now I don't like 64-bit, some of my old programs don't run on it. :sad:

This is my 1st. store bought computer, I'd been given my 1st. computer (used) with Windows 3.1, 1994 I think. And then soon after that, I built my own, 5 altogether, not even knowing how to spell "computer". :cheesy:

WOW! Did I get off topic or what? :uglystupid2:  SORRY!

I'm intrigued after reading this thread about installing 2 OS's on this new machine. So, am going to check it out.

Mahalo!