Ethernet Light Out? - Limited Connection

x_6985381

Ever since I have received my replacement motherboard from EVGA, I can no longer see the orange light on the Ethernet port, green flashes like a raped ape, but no orange. Could this simply be a driver error, also when I boot and everything loads it says limited connection, but then connects itself. Any clue as to how to go about fixing this?

[nerdly]

Ever since I have received my replacement motherboard from EVGA, I can no longer see the orange light on the Ethernet port, green flashes like a raped ape, but no orange. Could this simply be a driver error, also when I boot and everything loads it says limited connection, but then connects itself. Any clue as to how to go about fixing this?

[nerdly]

Is it possible the adapter is set to half duplex ?  I would first reset the modem and the router, then do a reboot, that normally will fix it.

Here, read this

Alright I've troubleshooted, reset and restarted, and forced 100mbps full-duplex.

Still no lil orange light. Hmph, also I just after restarting because I cleaned out my Ethernet drivers and all the drivers needed for the system, found that it would not post, it would get to verifying DMI pool data, and simply freeze. I think I might be sending this motherboard back, Ethernet port doesn't work, Freeze while verifying, I don't know. What should I do.

:sad3:

Alright I've troubleshooted, reset and restarted, and forced 100mbps full-duplex.

Still no lil orange light. Hmph, also I just after restarting because I cleaned out my Ethernet drivers and all the drivers needed for the system, found that it would not post, it would get to verifying DMI pool data, and simply freeze. I think I might be sending this motherboard back, Ethernet port doesn't work, Freeze while verifying, I don't know. What should I do.

:sad3:

I think the problem is in your router, do a hard reset on it. To verify this, just remove the router from the network for a minute, reboot everything of course.

No no, it does work, I get my advertised, I'm just having trouble connecting, I after getting it all together spent nearly three hours resetting the modem and waiting, Cat5 Ethernet cords, I have so many, I've tried two cat5, still the problem persists. :-|

No no, it does work, I get my advertised, I'm just having trouble connecting, I after getting it all together spent nearly three hours resetting the modem and waiting, Cat5 Ethernet cords, I have so many, I've tried two cat5, still the problem persists. :-|

so its purely with the acquiring network stage right? and it timed out until it says limited connection/no connectivity? it's somehow a problem with the router being unable to assign an IP address to that particular computer.. try the auto sensing somewhere on your lan properties. i used to have this problem with my linksys before.. :)