Something weird in Bit Torrent

crapsound

I'm download a torrent and when it reaches about 99.9% it decreases back to 99.0%.

On the general tab, the size downloaded from the torrent/file is already more than the size I'm downloading but it's still not 100%.

The size of the torrent/file I'm downloading is 700MB.

But the size downloaded in the general tab is about 1GB.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

For those who experienced this kind of situation what did you do?

What suggestion can you tell me to do?

Thanks!

I never pay attention literally to what the percentage is as of the download progress. And I D/L several a time. Up to 5 it says. At 99.9 or 99.0 % to me either way is no biggie. It'll finish when it is done.

Now if it stopped, then that is different totally. But otherwise its usually less than a hour from finishing anyway. So just let it finish and don't bother watching it.  :grin2:

Then that is becasue it is not being seeded. It has to be seeded to finish. There is nothing you can personally do to fix that.

On those I would either start a new one, or just get rid of and do something else. There is no way to make someone seed. You could put it in the comments part of the original document. Myself I just go on, but I D/L so many movies for the girls to enjoy, I got used to it. I just either redo the D/L or do another one, or just delete and go on.  :grin2:

• 7 months later...

Then that is becasue it is not being seeded. It has to be seeded to finish. There is nothing you can personally do to fix that.

On those I would either start a new one, or just get rid of and do something else. There is no way to make someone seed. You could put it in the comments part of the original document. Myself I just go on, but I D/L so many movies for the girls to enjoy, I got used to it. I just either redo the D/L or do another one, or just delete and go on.  :grin2:

Oh I see...so that's why.

Thanks for the info!

(Uhh...can this thread be closed now or something? I already got a good answer.)

It downloaded into a folder and says video_ts....sorry didn't realize this was illegal

As long as your not asking how to get around copyright protection or about illegal files it is fine. Its none of my business what movie you downloaded. We can discuss it all day long as long as nothing illegal is discussed.   :grin2:

That being said it is probably in rar format inside of the folder. You can download vlc media player to play the file or get a program for free from

www.download.com to convert and burn the movie to disc. Convert X To DVD is a GREAT program. It takes video and just makes a DVD from it. VERY easy to use. It does cost money but look it up if you are interested. It is about the only program I use anymore.

http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free/3000-2646_4-10776287.html

http://download.cnet.com/Apex-Video-Converter-Free/3000-2194_4-10656439.html

I really appreciate your help and sorry if I was out of line with any questions....trying to stay on your good side because you guys are so quick and helpful when I need help

:haha: Dont feel that way man. Feel free to be yourself. You didnt do a damn thing wrong, I just wanted it out there.  :grin2: :grin2: