HELP me on my SmartBro!

johnrance87

share2-S2M40G5KQ&dual=yes&q2=3TD6O7F41

This is my new speed after one  :idiot2:SmartBro techie :idiot2: changed my color code.. :sad: :sad: Damn so sloooww.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: Feeling  :evil2::twisted::evil2::twisted: right now!! Notice the host name? it's 179.213 Can anyone enlighten me on this? :undecided:

By the way, while that tech guy was fiddling with my computer, he called up someone from their office to "[activate]roaming of <my service reference number> <my name>" Now what's that supposed to mean?  :buck2:

Anyway, i haven't changed my current color code to my old one since I'm hoping to get good results after maybe a day or two. 

Oi, before I forget, I'm receiving good results from my utorrent downloads.. Now I'm really  :icon_pale:

Do help me out on this... :cry:

Thanks so much! :smitten:

OMG! I just found out that the last six digits of my public IP is the same as the host name on the results posted above.!! :buck2:

Plus, when i added my IP as a network to openDNS, it worked. Before, openDNS won't accept my IP telling me that the IP I entered has been added already..

One more thing, I get 400+ kbps speed on speedtest.net, in TMN, i only get 90+kbps.. I am so confused!

Please help me out!!

:cry: :cry:

Sorry this is a quick reply cause I was busy downloading the registry booster and cd burner simultaneously.

SmartBro connection would go practically slow in rainy seasons or hotter temperature that maybe it :smiley:

mine is opposite.. it gets faster during rainy days, and somehow faster during hot days.. but in general i got internet connection with smartbro. got some troubles sometimes but it's not a big deal.

:tickedoff: Very slow speed results here in TMN, but good results according to speedtest.net :tickedoff:

Guyz, it's really not about the weather..Fortunately, I get good signal be it raining or sunny. :-| Please stick to the original post..:))

:shocked: I also found out that I was the first one to be assigned to my [current] IP address. :undecided:

BTW, where does TMN speed test get its average speed for a particular host? In my case, my host is 179.213 which ironically [unusual coincidence, maybe] is the last six digits of my public IP address and my average speed [according to TMN] is 180kbps.

Before in my previous base station, my host was SmartBro which has an average speed of 387-388kbps. Switching to another base station changed my host name. My question is why did it not register as SmartBro? :buck2: Also, I'm experiencing good downloading speed at utorrent but my speed gets crappy everytime i surf the internet[with utorrent turned off, of course].

:icon_pale: Oh well, might as well wait for another day or two :icon_pale: for changes to take effect or if it doesn't get better, might as well go back to my previous base station which worked quite well for me.. :smiley:

Thanks to all.. :smitten:

the speed differs from place to place, country to country, depending where the host is located.

for example testmy.net

IP address: 74.54.226.166

Host name: a6.e2.364a.static.theplanet.com

74.54.226.166 is from United States(US) in region North America

so once you do a download test/upload test you are actually measuring your download/upload speed to that specific region.

maybe you have noticed in speedtest(dot)net, it gives you several regions where you can specify a server to test your speed.

to measure your speed accurately it's better to test your internet speed against servers located in your own country... that's why it varies from one site to another...