seagate issues......

ninjageek

Try Darik's Boot & Nuke. Download it / Burn it to a CD / Than boot the computer off the CD. Let it run till it is finish. It will take some time to finish.

It will take about 3+hrs to complete but when its done you will have one clean hard drive. When you format don't use "quick format"! :wink:

Well tried the boot and nuke. Nope. Its locked and I have NO CLUE how to unlock the silly thing. Thanks seagate. Thats fine. If I can not get it figured out I will just get a diffrent harddrive. Thats the one reason I love having a slave drive. One drive goes bad, which happens I still have another drive to run from til I get the bad one replaced.

Well I finally found the software to unlock it. Problem is the only password (seagate default) just dosent work. So I pitched the harddrive (after spending some time and releasing some frustration on it with some tools), Needless to say thats one harddrive that is dead and forsure can never be recoverd.