iPod Users...Help

wyantm06

Okay, so I had a Zune. It died. It constantly freezes and I can't listen to music anymore or anything. SO I was thinking about getting the new 80 GB iPod for $250. I was wondering, can I set a iPod up so I can put music on it from 2 computers? Like will it get confused? I download music on both my laptop and Desktop and wanted to be able to plug in the iPod on the laptop collect songs. Then go to the other computer with the iPod not getting confused and adding those songs. I don't know if I made this really confusing or what lol. Thanks!

EDIT: I was curious, I because I couldn't do this with my Zune...I am done giving my money to Microsoft. Sorry but with 6 Xbox 360's breaking and now my Zune being 3 months out of warranty I am done.

As long as both computers have iTunes on them, it shouldn't be a problem.

But be warned. Rumor has it that Apple got greedy and now you can only buy music from the iStore to download to your iPod. Unless you use an older version of the iTunes software. Check it out first, but here's a link to the older versions: http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes/

My stepdaughter was having issues with hers trying to get music from WMP10 or LimeWire onto her iPod.

Okay, so I had a Zune. It died. It constantly freezes and I can't listen to music anymore or anything. SO I was thinking about getting the new 80 GB iPod for $250. I was wondering, can I set a iPod up so I can put music on it from 2 computers? Like will it get confused? I download music on both my laptop and Desktop and wanted to be able to plug in the iPod on the laptop collect songs. Then go to the other computer with the iPod not getting confused and adding those songs. I don't know if I made this really confusing or what lol. Thanks!

EDIT: I was curious, I because I couldn't do this with my Zune...I am done giving my money to Microsoft. Sorry but with 6 Xbox 360's breaking and now my Zune being 3 months out of warranty I am done.

You can only sync it to one computer at a time through iTunes. Same thing as the zune, they do that so you do not delete your music when you sync it. There is a 3rd party program that will put music on a iPod, and may not overwrite everything that was there before. That might be a something to try on your laptop.

As long as both computers have iTunes on them, it shouldn't be a problem.

But be warned. Rumor has it that Apple got greedy and now you can only buy music from the iStore to download to your iPod. Unless you use an older version of the iTunes software. Check it out first, but here's a link to the older versions: http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes/

My stepdaughter was having issues with hers trying to get music from WMP10 or LimeWire onto her iPod.

Thats not true. You can put any music on a iPod that is a MP3, or AAC file, and does not have a DRM from another music store.

you can manage allyour music for ipod by doing it manually,  open ipod, edit, preferences    ,advanced tab, check ,maually sunc , pluin i pod, preferenc box shows up, do same check sync only checked songs, maunallymanage,  and enable disc use

great program ,free si ahrepod .com download, great for mamanging miusic, video, copy all music to your pc or another portable hard drive to save in case of a crash .

i use this almost exclusively  as i tunes doe too much on it's own for me.