Task manager

Cholwe79

Hey, how do I select which processes to run once i switch on my pc?? I have about 50 processes that run when my pc starts and I guess not all of them are relevant apart from the fact that they slow down my machine especially at start up. It takes about 5 minutes for my machine to be ready... :shock:

Hey, how do I select which processes to run once i switch on my pc?? I have about 50 processes that run when my pc starts and I guess not all of them are relevant apart from the fact that they slow down my machine especially at start up. It takes about 5 minutes for my machine to be ready... :shock:

You can get to the configuration, and .inf files by going to start>run then type " msconfig " This will bring up many options that you may want to stay away from, but the startup options will be there, just uncheck what you don't want to start. You'll be asked to save.

You can also do this with services in administrative tool in the administrator options in the control panel.  You can set the services to either start on boot, start when needed, or disable them.