Setting up Smart Bro on Another computer

beetoy

Hello guys.

I need some help with my smart bro connection. SMart Bro installed their connection on my laptop.Everything is ok but when i transferred their cable to my desktop, I could not surf the net. It just says DNS error or stuff like that. I could connect to their portal and to the canopy page. My only problem is I could not surf the net.

I need help in setting up to my desktop. Thanks guys.

if you say that you could open the portal page of the smartbro well i think you have an internet connection,it's just that you need to login to the portal using the user id and password given to you or if you forgot it you could call their tech support hotline for them to give it to you. you could also try these if you are able to login to the portal page properly but still can't surf the net:

1. clear everything on your browser (cookies,history etc.)

2. try disabling your firewall/antivirus for the mean time while setting up the connection to your desktop

3. set your DNS manually. right-click local area connection -> status -> properties -> select TCP/IP then click

properties -> click only "use the following DNS server" and use these DNS servers (you could experiment on each if

the other fails)

208.67.220.220 - primary

208.67.222.222 - alternate

4.2.2.1 - primary

4.2.2.2 - alternate

4. if all else fails,try giving the tech support hotline of smartbro a call for them to further assist you on the concern

hope this could help you transfer the connection from your laptop to your desktop pc  [nerd]

Hello guys.

I need some help with my smart bro connection. SMart Bro installed their connection on my laptop.Everything is ok but when i transferred their cable to my desktop, I could not surf the net. It just says DNS error or stuff like that. I could connect to their portal and to the canopy page. My only problem is I could not surf the net.

I need help in setting up to my desktop. Thanks guys.

if you can access the net on your laptop then you have to clone your laptop's MAC address on your desktop to be able to use the connection on both of them.

• CA3LE locked this topic