How many web browser do u have?

pepsiguy

:lol: how many browser do you need ? it's just a tool , stay with the one that works best for you ,  How many 1/2 inch SAE, spanners do I have in my tool  box ,

:lol: well only 1 set , as we are fully metric in the UK ,

I like to keep my puter clean and light , running XP pro and using 6.3 Gb on "C" ,

anything worth saving goes straight to a second H/D ,

any new browser or program gets  run on a spare trash puter first ,

I need everyone single one so I can test and make sure the stuff I make works just fine in all browsers. if I didn't then nothing I make would work in IE

could you expand more on that .I am curious . why not just use  Microsoft  I.E series same a most internet sufrers and save a lot of work ?  ,

I have,,,

Firefox.

Opera.

Internet Exploder 6 for Windows updating.

But some browsers out there are only 'shells' of Internet Explorer and come with the same security holes of Internet explorer.

And FireFox is about a 20% market share on the web now.

could you expand more on that .I am curious . why not just use  Microsoft  I.E series same a most internet sufrers and save a lot of work ? ,

Because Internet Explorer is the worst browser you can get, and it is a nightmare to code for, thats the reason why we have Firefox and other browsers. Microsoft does not use web standards like Firefox or Safari does, so if you make something the correct way it doesn't work, you have to make it the "Microsoft way" and since the "Microsoft way" doesn't work in any other browser you have to make things more then once. The best part about IE is, in ver. 8 they decided to use web standards some what so things that were made the incorrect way so they would work in IE 6 & 7 now don't work in IE 8.

Thats why I, and many others don't use IE.

i often use FF 3.05 as my main but if i have new emails my IE7 would open (thats what my yahoo messenger does everytime i have emails lol). and if i feel like using another browser like opera or chrome i prefer the portable ones and it works well.  :cheesy: