Want to buy: Laptop

coolbuster2007

I'm planning to buy a new laptop computer. Aside from performance, the price requirement is US$1,000-1,800. Please help me choose. Thanks.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. I'm planning to buy a new laptop computer. Aside from performance, the price requirement is US$1,000-1,800. Please help me choose. Thanks.

• Asus G2S
    • Asus M50Sa-A1
    • Dell XPS M1530
    • Dell Vostro 1310
    • Fujitsu LifeBook S6510
    • HP Pavilion dv9500t
    • Lenovo ThinkPad T61
    • Toshiba Satellite A305-S6845

you might want to reconsider... in order to give contrast it would be beneficiary if you will elaborate on this case so as coolbuster will be able to decide well..

I will never reconsider on HP. They are beyond the worst notebooks I have ever used in my life, and I have used a hell of a lot of notebooks.

They use cheap parts, have really low build quality, install a bunch of horrible software, there easy setup assistant thingy when you first start the notebook is anything but easy, its a pain in the ass, it takes longer to get through that then it would for me to just install vista over it again.

And there support sucks, Flat out sucks. We bought 3 HP notebooks for CEDIA, everyone had a problem. After I got sick of there crappy setup assistant on the first notebook, I did just reinstalled vista, I get to the point where I have to enter the windows product key, and the key on the bottom of the notebook is invalid. So I skip it and call up HP once I get into windows. I get on the phone with them tell the guy whats going on, he of course has me re enter the key again and of course it doesn't work. So the guy says he will send out a new vista disk and key, ok great. It comes the next day, and what do I get a fucking restore disk for the notebook. I call HP up again, and they tell me thats what I was suppose to get. So now I'm back at square one with a crappy notebook that has there crappy vista install, that takes 4 minutes to start up. And apparently HP support rep. David thinks a 4 minute startup with vista is fast because his takes 5 minutes.

So now we are stuck with a dirt slow notebook, that won't do what it was suppose to do, and 2 notebooks who's keyboard fall apart when you type on them that according to HP is causes by us.

Penny, at Microsoft product activation could give better support for this.