terminating my smart bro

greyfreak

i have foolishly subscribe with smart bro thru a booth stand without even reading  their contract, well the sales agent there got me to give my personal info and a valid id and just issued me a receipt, unfortunately ( and i do think i'm not alone on this matter) i was not satisfied with their service and ask them if i could terminate the subscription. I got the shock of my life when i found out that there was a LOCK-IN period that i have to pay, so guys can you help me out of this?

if you won't pay the bill and have your line disconnected that way, you will be nagged with letters threatening you about some lawsuit.. :)

the best way to terminate your subscription is to go to the smart wireless center and file it there.. of course they will tell you that you have to pay and if you wont pay you will be filled a case... that's the time you "act" mad and tell them that if they will file a case you will file a counter lawsuit as well..

"breach of contract" you signed a contract with an agreement that you will be paying 999 pesos a month with a lock-in period of 1 year for a specific service, in this case an internet connection...

you complied on the deal.. while the company didn't. so who's breaking the rules now?. plain and simple.. and if this thing gets serious remember that you're not the only one.. several people has the same problem, and this people are willing to testify..  :)

that's what i did..

dont want to join in on this as being in the UK (ADSL) . but we have the same system over here , once you sign up to a fixed contract you are locked in for a least a year , the only way out is for us is to prove  you are not reciveing what they promise (lawsuit and expencive ), some times it is easier to stay with the ISP  , read some tweeks and get trhe best you can for the year , most UK providers will say up to 8Mbps , but they dont  except 1mbps as being out of contract , so by tweeking and complaining I get 5Mbps , and as they are cheap. I will stay for anothger year ,

dont want to join in on this as being in the UK (ADSL) . but we have the same system over here , once you sign up to a fixed contract you are locked in for a least a year , the only way out is for us is to prove  you are not reciveing what they promise (lawsuit and expencive ), some times it is easier to stay with the ISP  , read some tweeks and get trhe best you can for the year , most UK providers will say up to 8Mbps , but they dont except 1Mbps as being out of contract , so by tweeking and complaining I get 5Mbps , and as they are cheap. I will stay for anothger year ,

it's beyond comparison.. how i wish i get atleast an mbps on our connection.. anyways.. we are talking of kbps here. so slowdown is really noticeable.

it's beyond comparison.. how i wish i get atleast an mbps on our connection.. anyways.. we are talking of kbps here. so slowdown is really noticeable.

(it's beyond comparison..) not really , I was on 45Kbps for 4 years, so I feel your pain , now I am on Max 8Mbps ,

but I see around  4Mbps , just 50% per cent of what I am paying for !,  :evil2:

My laptop on the move gets around 48Kbps , plugged in to our BT ( British Telecomunications socket )  wireless conection sevices is patchy in the UK , but I can see about 1Mbps in a Mac.Donalds , but I have to buy a coffee to use that, :grin2:

• CA3LE locked this topic