Does such network monitoring software exist?

squarepegger

Is there an easy to use network monitoring program that'll show how much bandwidth is consumed by each process/program that accesses the internet from my humble PC? I don't want to do 2 years of post-doctoral research in telecomm engineering to figure out how many KBytes/sec or packets/sec each process/program is sending/receiving. Thanks in advance.

Is there an easy to use network monitoring program that'll show how much bandwidth is consumed by each process/program that accesses the internet from my humble PC? I don't want to do 2 years of post-doctoral research in telecomm engineering to figure out how many KBytes/sec or packets/sec each process/program is sending/receiving. Thanks in advance.

try this

http://www.download.com/Look-LAN-Network-Monitor/3000-2085_4-10145550.html

Thanks and salamat to those who replied. I may be missing it, but I don't see what I'm looking for in the suggestions. Here's a rough idea of what I hope to see:

[table][tr][td]

Application                Kbps Up    Kbps Down

Microsoft Update            2                64

Winamp                      16              128

Folding at Home            64                4

[/table]

Bars instead of numbers would be OK. Some sort of update interval for the display is probably necessary, like update once every 30 seconds.

A lot of applications show total traffic but don't break it down by application, the way software that monitors disk i/o does. Maybe I'm the only person in the world who thinks such a display would be useful, but I can't understand why people wouldn't want to know which program(s) is/are eating up their bandwidth.