TestMy.net GUI Speed Test program idea

I was thinking that if testmy.net came out with a GUI speed test program would be a really great idea. Not to take away testmy.net website visitors but rather for the ease of test without opening a browser. Not that it takes a huge process to test your speeds on here, I just think it would be a good idea, and for putting it out as freeware it would make its way around the net and spread the word about testmy.net.    Just my 2cents  :) any mods PM and let me know what you think of the idea, just want to know what you think :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking that if we did come out with a GUI anytime soon that it would be a connection tweaking GUI not a speed test GUI - like speedguide has done... but more detailed.  Problem is that I am not the master at making GUI's - I would need to polish up those skills, I haven't played in C++ for about 5 years -- I bet it's all easy now :-P

dotNET provides any number of ways to easily handle this including every detailed aspect such as sending off a disconnected blob of data to be consumed for logging or whatnot. Hate to see VB6 get hammered but won't go into wars. C#/VB.NET is a whole new animal entirely. Excellent stuff  :evil6: