Mac Powerbook G4

Raistlin666

Your not going to get past that password, you'll need your system disks, and your probably going to have to reformat.

You might be able to get your data by using another mac, and a firewire cable, but I doubt it, I'm sure you'll need a password.

Unix was designed to stop people from accessing without a password. Thats what it does.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post here.

I learned a long time ago to activate passwords when I get a computer.  The bad part on OS X is the fact you WILL need to reformat your hard drive and you likely have lost all your files unless your supposed friend decides to tell you the password. 

Because most folks run admin level on Mac's and use no password they can get this problem letting friends or even family use there computers they can reset the passwords.  Mac's OS is made to allow guest to use the computer and you can set up a guest account on your computer.  I have 2 Mac's and a single PC and all three of these computers are set up to allow for guests and I set the passwords to the guest accounts and they are locked so they cannot be reset by the guest.  This way a guest can use my computer but they cannot get into the admin account. 

Good luck in trying to fix this problem.