Internet Explorer 7 is coming this summer...

organ_shifter

Us IE7 users will get a to sample the new version this summer (Beta). I know it'll be tight. IE7 is the best browser around. True, it may have its flaws/security risks, but all browsers do. Most people just hate Bill Gates for whatever reason and choose to target his programs.

Anyway, here is the article: IEBlog - IE7

Other popular browsers have security flaws too:

Mozilla and Firefox Vulnerabilities Identified

Firefox flaw raises phishing fears

I'm gonna stick with Firefox for now, for 2 reasons. I believie that it is a better browser and I think that Microsoft is becoming more monopolistic every day.

FF may not be able to display every web page because of ActiveX, but remember that back in the prev. browser wars "browser page push" aka: auto forwarding was a feature on Netscape first. Also tabbed browsing IMO is the best thing to happen to browsers since Java. Also FF is very customizable

Hi all: I hope it works better than IE6 did when I first installed it.I had to get an unofficial patch to fix it.MS never did get it working right with there patches.When I put in the sp1 package for it I could only load 1 page it would lock up on the second page the unofficial patch fixed this.I had to go back to IE5 so I could find the patch.I am running win98se. So IE7 may not even be available to me.I'm probably better off that way.

ok here is the deal.. yes long horn is based on IE7....  However, it isnt even near the quality that will be releases in the summer.. That will be beta but it will be farther along than what was on the leaked copy of longhorn..  Wasnt 4051 leaked?? I never heard of 4074 being release to the public.. 

As far as being usable to all windows xp users.. yes sp2 will be a requirement.. but by that time it should be just about on every computer and so patched up that it really will not matter all that much.

Longhorn = WinXP + IE7 + proprietary version of SVG - a few old API - WinFS, where WinFS = NTFS + bloat from database of metadata

that is the explaination that I got..

By the way moonlord.. dont get so ticked..

I'm gonna stick with Firefox for now, for 2 reasons. I believie that it is a better browser and I think that Microsoft is becoming more monopolistic every day.

FF may not be able to display every web page because of ActiveX, but remember that back in the prev. browser wars "browser page push" aka: auto forwarding was a feature on Netscape first. Also tabbed browsing IMO is the best thing to happen to browsers since Java. Also FF is very customizable

I can almost that the final release of IE will have tabbed browsing..  They got rocked for it in the release of 6 and FF has taken 7% or so of their market..  Microsoft will respond and if they dont the I am going to stick with FF...  I will unless is see a major security change from 6 to 7...

Yes.. I do agree that FF is patched quickly.. but it is only patched quickly because it is open source... MS has to wait for the complaint to be registered.. divert man power from other project.. and then correct the code..  At which point everyone is complaining..  FF is able to get a complaint registered and then people all over the world can work on it.. meaning that most of the time there will be a patch or an entire rebuild of the browser the next day, as the case last time with the phishing attack problem...  Either way there is no way to make a bullet proof browser.. what you are seeing is open source v. private source...

yea sorry about that swimmer

its the PDC build that i installed once i e it wasnt released to the public but it was released on irc.. understand/?

bootleg ;0

oh and its beta in longhorn and gonna be beta this summer it still sums it up windows isnt good

whether beta or not  :evil6: :evil6: :evil6::haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :-P

Hi wingzero 2309: I think 1 I downloaded it off the web.I'm not tech enough to do this gif myself.The site said it was OK to use as long as I didn't hotlink it to their site.I haven't played the game I just thought it would make a good sig.I've read the same as you have probably IE7 will only be for XP.  :cool:  Cholla

Us IE7 users will get a to sample the new version this summer (Beta). I know it'll be tight. IE7 is the best browser around. True, it may have its flaws/security risks, but all browsers do. Most people just hate Bill Gates for whatever reason and choose to target his programs.

meh, i dont like microsoft for a couple reasons:

1. their support people suck

2. my computer constantly crashes, then on restart (only thing i can do to fix it...) it takes forever error-checking and never finds anything, then error-reports, which after it finishes automatically loads IE, which will do one of two things:

-bring up their stupid support center site where they tell me that they still (after months and months of this same crash...) dont know what the source of the problem is

-or cause my computer to crash again because it loaded buggy IE...

In a complete about-face, Microsoft has decided to deliver a new, standalone version of its Internet Explorer browser in order to stem potential customer defections due to security and feature concerns.

Ok so if you were using Longhorn versions you were still using the current design ideas..  The new browser it going to be like FF.. you download it and then you can uninstall it..  You need SP2 for the plug-ins for the anti-phishing, anti-spyware and anti-virus safeguards..

• 1 month later...

So, they're making another Crappy brower  that will soon be  (if not before) punched full of security holes for hackers to have a field day.... :-|

Other popular browsers have security flaws too:

Mozilla and Firefox Vulnerabilities Identified

Firefox flaw raises phishing fears

(This is simply NOT TRUE) The holes that were found were fixed months ago....

I'm with the above stated...I'll stick with Mozilla for my browsing needs...WoW tabbed browsing...I"ve been using that now for years...LOL... :haha: 

The only thing I use IE for, is those stupid webpages that are designed around IE (Gateway Support)...other than that (an Windows Update), I don't bother...Yuk, suck....ect... :roll:

Firefox will be dead soon enough, due to the fact that it's barely holding on to it's 5% market share. Once IE7 hits, that open source garbage will come to an end.

I always browse faster with IE as well as have higher test speeds. It's not just me though. It's all 90 - 93% of us. :haha:

"There will never be a market  where there's a computer in every home!"

" Those stupid little Volkswagen cars will never sell here in America!"

"What? You mean to tell me that someone's actually going to pay $1.00 for a small bottle of water?!!!" :D

"Next you're going to tell me that everyone's going to be walking around with a telephone it their pocket!"  ;)