Internet Explorer 7 is coming this summer...

organ_shifter

Firefox will be dead soon enough, due to the fact that it's barely holding on to it's 5% market share. Once IE7 hits, that open source garbage will come to an end.

I always browse faster with IE as well as have higher test speeds. It's not just me though. It's all 90 - 93% of us. :haha:

well, i for one am gonna ride the wave for as long as possible, friend. thats what surfing the internet is all about. ;)

In all honesty...I hope to god that Mozilla stays around for ever :-P

I absolutely "HATE" IE, and love my Mozilla Browser Suite! I'm able to do so much more with this, especially in the customizing department...IE is so limited in that respect.... :?

One mans "Garbage" is another's Treasure... ;)

Just try (at best) to cusomize IE like this... http://client.webshots.com/photo/160758288/160758505LEwuUB

Guest philp

In all honesty...I hope to god that Mozilla stays around for ever :-P

I do too. The competition will make both of them stronger and make the hackers have to work harder to exploit weaknesses in both systems. I personally use IE6 because I'm used to it (kinda like no one wants to change fron AOL to a real ISP after the free trial period is up  :roll: ).

One thing I want to know is, how much of the Windows OS is Firefox relying on? It's a relatively small download so it's hard to imagine it being a "stand alone" browser.

Firefox will be dead soon enough, due to the fact that it's barely holding on to it's 5% market share. Once IE7 hits, that open source garbage will come to an end.

I always browse faster with IE as well as have higher test speeds. It's not just me though. It's all 90 - 93% of us. :haha:

interesting...my experience is exactly the opposite...once you get the invasive IE completely purged from your system.  Plus anything but IE is more secure, in general more easy to configure and doesn't support a company that doesn't deserve our support.  Lots of droids will always preach the company line thou...

IE 7 will no doubt plug some of the security vulnerabilities that have required sometimes weekly patches to be installed (some people like inflicting pain on themselves) but the "big brother" atmosphere of IE and Microsoft will no-doubt continue.

bumblebee ;)