how can i make my DSL faster?

trw

hi all im new to these boards, it was introduced to me by a friend :D

anyways, My DSL is about several years old and needs "tuning", right now im running a 512k modem with a Linksys router with 3 PCs hooked up (brother and sister).

so any suggestions is greatly appreciated :D

if you are running a 512k modem it is time for an upgrade. Sadly 512k is considered slow nowadays... Most of the users are running well over 1.5mbs on theses forums. Umm...my guess is that you speed has been upgraded since you orginally got the service so you are not receiving all of the bandwidth that you could be getting.

yea 512k is getting old....and my dad is paying $50.00 a month for it :shock: soon we are gonna switch to cable thats only $30.00 and run like something near 1000k or higher...trying to talk him into a 3000k connection :) hehe

:) trw

Welcome to the site...cool your friend told you about this site,,Yeah as swimmer said you do have a pretty slow rig nowadays...anyway if you get that 3000 you will be flying and I'm sure it will make a big difference to ya I think any improvement is a good thing....hope you enjoy the site come back anytime ...if you have questions post like ya did and someone will be happy to help>>>

8) Microwave

well im glad its jsust my connection that needs speeding up>>>

PC:

Dell Deminsion 4500

GeForce 4 TI 4200 (64mb)[TV Out]

Pentium 4/ 2.0 GHz

512 MB DDR RAM

37.2 GB Harddrive :oops:

Windows XP HE

anyways just FYI...i do regularly clean out the spy and adware from it so...yea..cable is the only way to go lol...anyways thanks for the help