newheadset problem

Ok, well i bought a cyber acoustics headset and when i try to game on call of duty 2 its all static...and when i test hardware on the control panel in sound options it records fine, but kidn of low even though all my microphone settings are at highest...but when i test the live playback it like glitches i guess...when i say test it will be like TEST TEST TESTTESTTESTtesttest te t test tsst. then fade out....no matter what i try...any ideas?

any suggestions please? :cry2: 

what if i took them back and got a logitech pair...i mean i have logitech 5.1 surround sound and they work perfectly.

I would return them, chances are they are defective maybe ?

I have an old pair of Koss UR-15's , I'm giving them to my boy, they sound good for what i need them for, but It gives me an exuse to get a nicer set lol , so let me know how this turns out, and how they sound.

WOW....I think i got it. i turned off everything in all my settings under the input settings....and freakin started testing out some tweaks in my realtek hd audio manager and it seems to work, when im in game tomorrow i'll test it out for sure, but it seems ok in everything else :P

Was it the 5.1 doing this then  ?