Help! DIRECWAY HELL!

Alliecatz

Can ANYONE help me out here? I had Direcway6000 installed 14 days ago.  Since install, I have had NOTHING but problems!  I paid nearly 700.00 for something that runs SLOWER than my AOL dial-up at 26k and I can't get Direcway to do anything but make excuses!  Now I know why people go postal! 

I have spent HOURS on the phone talking to foreigners who don't understand me, nor do I understand them. .. one of them actually got a little testy with me when I had to keep asking him to repeat himself because I couldn't figure out what the hell he was trying to say!    What nerve!!  Had I known that I was buying into a company who ships their workload overseas to a bunch of half-english speaking jackasses I KNOW I would have NEVER even considered purchasing this piece of junk!   

Anyway.....they FINALLY they put me through to advanced support and after several phone calls with them, they said they would have ENGINEERING contact me.  Well, thats been 5 days ago and STILL no call from them.

I would like to take this Direcway and stick it "where the sun don't shine" up any Direcway Exec's behind I could!  I have NEVER been so disappointed in my life!

I did many of the things listed here on the forum and its  STILL no better, if anything its running slower depending on the time of day.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions???? Please email me at [email protected].  I feel like I might as well have taken that $700.00 I spent on this piece of junk and wiped my behind on it!  :angry5:

And to anyone thinking of purchasing Direcway for home or business...RUN...as fast as you can in the other direction!! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!!!!! :icon_pale:

No I don't know of any good sat providers.....but if you find one let ME know please.. :haha:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 995 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 121 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Wed Feb 16 05:29:05 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 18X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.46 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 19.74 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-BJY0ORSDW

DW6000 with all the toys...satmex5 @1230mhz

What i have seen is that the #1 problem with new dw sat installations and you having slow speed is incorrect  cross pol -  go to dw advanced  do this by going to your dw system control http address then add  /fs/advanced/advanced.html  to the end of your contro, center address that will bring you to advanced  click on setup  then antenna pointing  (dont check the enable opi) click next  then check your signal streght if you want then just click next    - that will cause the transmit and system light ot go out (dont freak) and it will run a cross pol test. then click exit when done. if it fails this is your problem - you need to call direc support and tell them cross pol is failing and dish needs to be repointed MANUALLY by your friendly dircway installer. FREE to you for first 15 months i believe.  good luck