AVG Anti-Virus FREE Auto Update Issues...

wyantm06

Ok, I have my AVG set to auto update every morning. Everytime I get on the computer in the morning there is an error, and I have to go in and manually download it. What is going on? How do I fix this? Thanks.

I forgot to add, if it helps, I leave my computer on 24/7 (laptop)

Thanks, I tried the firewall thing before and it was unsuccessful. Somedays it auto updates, sometimes it doesn't..Only thing I can think of is maybe my internet is timing out?

The newer AVG has had update issues from the beginning, only thing i could do is uninstall it, and then re-install  the newest version, again.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a sticky from AVG forum.

Our technology department is currently working on improving one of the main servers responsible for providing updates of AVG Free Edition. This maintenance may have, under specific circumstances, effect on availability of update files on our servers. Backup systems, which are now in charge of providing updates, may be from time to time overloaded with customer requests and we are doing our best in order to improve their function to remedy this issue. If you encounter issue with

k...something else  just thought of...what about updates and scans in the middle of the night...my computer will be on but in some sort of powersave mode...will it still be able to update and scan??...cuz i set it to do that stuff at times that i don't use my machine

k...something else  just thought of...what about updates and scans in the middle of the night...my computer will be on but in some sort of powersave mode...will it still be able to update and scan??...cuz i set it to do that stuff at times that i don't use my machine

It should, you can check your logs and see when the last scan took place.