Please Recommend Webhost

coolbuster2007

I've been with GODADDY for three years. They are an excellent company. I know Bob the owner. Plus the company is in Arizona in the USA.  I went to see his operation it is amazing and the prices are really good for what he has there. They call you up every 3 months just to make sure every thing is O K. I do not know of many companies that do that. I almost forgot you will probably not see this until tomorrow because of the time differences.

:angel: Hi all.

I am planning to buy a domain. Hopefully will migrate my blog content before the year ends.

Can you recommend the best webhost that's fast just like what it is to TMN, has unlimited bandwidth too. I'm willing to pay 4 up to  6 U.S. dollars a month.

I am sure you guys can help. t.i.a. :smiley:

First off you will never get something that is even remotely close to TMN in speed from shared hosting. The hole point of shared hosting is to cram as many clients onto 1 box as they possibly can.

Second, do not count on unlimited bandwidth you will never get. 1. its impossible to have unlimited bandwidth for $6 a month. and 2. when you find a host that says "unlimited bandwidth" or "unlimited disk space" thats a marketing gimmick you will never be able to use as much bandwidth as you want on a shared host. You will be lucky if you are allowed to use a few GB of disk space before they suspend your account for abuse.

Go look around at webhostingtalk.com and see shared hosting offers section. In my experience you want to find a host that offers a relativity low amount of disk space and bandwidth like 10GB storage and 100GB - 300GB of bandwidth. On a host like that you will be able to get close to what they are offering before they either suspend your account or ask you to leave.

And do not think for a second you can use that much bandwidth on godaddy with out them breathing down your neck.

Iweb.com is pretty good for shared hosting as long as you stay with in your means. They will push more on CPU usage then disk space usage. The best for shared hosting would be mediatemple but they are $20 a month.

Since your doing a blog make sure you keep your traffic #'s in check because blogs tend to use a lot of MySQL CPU usage when they start to get a good amount of traffic.

I've been with GODADDY for three years. They are an excellent company. I know Bob the owner. Plus the company is in Arizona in the USA.  I went to see his operation it is amazing and the prices are really good for what he has there. They call you up every 3 months just to make sure every thing is O K. I do not know of many companies that do that. I almost forgot you will probably not see this until tomorrow because of the time differences.

I haven't gotten a call from them since day 2 of opening my account with godaddy and that was almost 3 1/2 years ago.