Re-Call on Kids Candy. Please Read!!

tommie gorman

I checked this at snopes.com and it is TRUE!

Click this link to see: http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp

For all of you that have kids or grandkids....

Importance: High

Subject: HALLOWEEN CANDY RECALLED

There is a new warning put out by the Canadian Food Inspection  Agency....Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold Milk Chocolate coins are being  recalled due to the fact that they contain Melamine, the ingredient in milk product   that has caused many infant deaths in china. These candies are sold at Costco, as well as many bulk and dollar stores. please make sure to check your children's Halloween candy and DO NOT LET THEM EAT THE PIRATE COINS (you know the ones wrapped in the shiny gold  foil) and please let other parents know about this!

that's the same stuff that caused the dog food recall awhile back...why does china keep putting that stuff in their food products...actually i think they use it as a cleaning solvent er something...see...buy American!!

Like today, I was buying an elastic bandage. ACE is made in USA and the other at Walgreen's is $2 cheaper. Now I have already tested the cheap bastard. the cheap one lasted 2 weeks and was past shot. My last Ace lasted 6 weeks and is just starting to get weak. American is still built better for the most part. But we have to buy it dammit. Or its not gonna be available soon. We will be stuck with crying about poison the rest of our lives if we do not. I think America is worth the little bit extra, and usually save money in the long run anyway.

I still remember one time some door to door Christians were in my drive in a Toyota. I asked so what prompted them to park that thing in my driveway. They asked whats the big deal? We are all gods children. I said well this gods child says spend your buck closer to home so it can find its way back faster. And thats the gods honest truth too. think about it.  :uglystupid2:  And they immediately removed their car.  :knuppel2:

Moved to Gen due to the time of year. This needs exposure. Title changed to get more attention, hope you dont mind T.

Dont you mean "Please read, pirate coins".LOL

I checked this at snopes.com and it is TRUE!

Click this link to see: http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/coins.asp

For all of you that have kids or grandkids....

Importance: High

Subject: HALLOWEEN CANDY RECALLED

There is a new warning put out by the Canadian Food Inspection  Agency....Sherwood brand Pirate's Gold Milk Chocolate coins are being  recalled due to the fact that they contain Melamine, the ingredient in milk product   that has caused many infant deaths in china. These candies are sold at Costco, as well as many bulk and dollar stores. please make sure to check your children's Halloween candy and DO NOT LET THEM EAT THE PIRATE COINS (you know the ones wrapped in the shiny gold  foil) and please let other parents know about this!

Thanks for the heads up

Moved to Gen due to the time of year. This needs exposure. Title changed to get more attention, hope you dont mind T.

No problem, but if "I" put it in general it would have been moved to off topic.  :haha:

Dont you mean "Please read, pirate coins".LOL

Thanks for the heads up

It was late.  :evil6:  and your welcome.

No problem, but if "I" put it in general it would have been moved to off topic.  :haha:

It was late.  :evil6:  and your welcome.

You know thats not true. Hell most of the shit posted in Politics should be in off topic. They have nothing to do with politics.  :haha: :haha: I dont know if you have noticed but I move VERY little lately. The rules are a kinda fuzzy in that area so I find it best just to take a hands off approach unless something is obvious.  :wink::kiss:

China needs to sanctioned again.  How many people have to die from the poisoned foods and excessive lead in our children's toys before something is done. 

Also as for Toyota, it maybe a japanese company but my Toyota was built in America by americans.  THe parts may have been imported but the vehicle was built here.  Several Dodge's and Ford's are built in mexico.  BMW has a plant in the carolina's.

It is hard to find good quality american product's but I do when I can.  When I had to downsize my vehicle Toyota had the best MPG vehicles at the time.  And the way gas prices were going at the time that was the only choice I had at the time.  Now 2 years later "American" mad vehicles are starting to catch up.  Keep in mind that most of the electronics in our beloved vehicles are made overseas.

China needs to sanctioned again.  How many people have to die from the poisoned foods and excessive lead in our children's toys before something is done. 

Also as for Toyota, it maybe a japanese company but my Toyota was built in America by americans.  THe parts may have been imported but the vehicle was built here.  Several Dodge's and Ford's are built in mexico.  BMW has a plant in the carolina's.

It is hard to find good quality american product's but I do when I can.  When I had to downsize my vehicle Toyota had the best MPG vehicles at the time.  And the way gas prices were going at the time that was the only choice I had at the time.  Now 2 years later "American" mad vehicles are starting to catch up.  Keep in mind that most of the electronics in our beloved vehicles are made overseas.

People die in America from food and toys all the time. Hell every Christmas there are HUNDREDS of  recalls of American toys and every few weeks there is a recall of some food product from America. China is just a distraction. An enemy for you to focus on. Sad thing is... it works on most Americans. TV is GOD! Anything on TV must be true. I mean AB-SO-LUTE truth,  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Then why is it walmart imports straight from china, whith the largest freighter on the water at present?  And where we buy most of our stuff? Simple no matter what you read, made in china most of it. Not USA anymore. I try, but its not easy to get american any more. USA made is not supported.

And FORD has the largest percentage of American of all vehicles made.  [nerdly]

Then why is it walmart imports straight from china, whith the largest freighter on the water at present?  And where we buy most of our stuff? Simple no matter what you read, made in china most of it. Not USA anymore. I try, but its not easy to get american any more. USA made is not supported.

And FORD has the largest percentage of American of all vehicles made.  [nerdly]

You are right, but the Government did all of that. You should take that up with them. As far as what is sold in America it is all approved by the Gov. Maybe threads like this should point their animosity towards the right crowd.  But they wont, its the EVIL Chinese. Never mind our Government allows it to come in when they could stop it. Hell man, China could make Heroin laced candy but I would hope the Gov. would not allow it in. That is kinda what we pay them for. Not wars and controlling the economy and all the other shit they control that they shouldnt.... hell that they dont even really have the power to control. But Americans have AMERICAN IDOL ON THE TV.. THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT. Like I said in another post, it is YOUR "older wiser" generation that allowed this to happen. Enjoy it.

Sam Walton's kids started it actually. When Sam was running things he shopped the US for american made stuff. His kids only care about the almighty buck. Sam was a good man, and self made none the less. Americanns are to blame. Why do you think he changed where he bought, he knew americans really cared where it came from back then. Now, they pretty much don't.  Never said China is evil. But that does not mean their products are not dangerous.  [nerdly]

Sam Walton's kids started it actually. When Sam was running things he shopped the US for american made stuff. His kids only care about the almighty buck. Sam was a good man, and self made none the less. Americanns are to blame. Why do you think he changed where he bought, he knew americans really cared where it came from back then. Now, they pretty much don't.  Never said China is evil. But that does not mean their products are not dangerous.  [nerdly]

The Gov. has control of anything and everything that comes across the borders. Other than that, I agree with you.

No, you can all thank the WTO for this.

:iamwithstupid: .... basically. The WTO is not to blame for EVERYTHING IMHO but is a problem.

Import tax also controls imports. Also why Toyota put a plant here. It was cheaper than the import tax at the time. Raise import taxes again, and that would put americans back to work for real. And why american goods are not cheap in other countries. It makes all the difference in the world.  [nerd]

WTO?

Import tax also controls imports. Also why Toyota put a plant here. It was cheaper than the import tax at the time. Raise import taxes again, and that would put americans back to work for real. And why american goods are not cheap in other countries. It makes all the difference in the world.  [nerd]

WTO?

World Trade Orginaziation.

As far as the import tax... hell thats set by the Gov isnt it?

The UN sets our import tax? Holy shit, if thats true we are even MORE fucked than I thought. Of course the UN was set up by the US, is basically led by the US and is hosted in the US... Cmon man.

The WTO has 153 members, which represents more than 95% of total world trade.[6] The WTO is governed by a Ministerial Conference, which meets every two years; a General Council, which implements the conference's policy decisions and is responsible for day-to-day administration; and a director-general, who is appointed by the Ministerial Conference. The WTO's headquarters is in
Geneva, Switzerland.

WTO WIKI