New Here - Wildblue Customer

gypzywingz

Hi, I am new here. I am a Wildblue customer that just switched about 3 weeks ago from Hughes Satellite. I love the testmy.net speed tests that also keep my history. That is great when I will need that ongoing information for their tech support. I am sure I will have to be contacting them a lot about the constant evening slow connections that they bottle neck.

Debbie

Good question. Well Hughes customer service was horrible, their first tier tech support seemed like it was in another country. The would promise tech support calls back by certain dates which never came and you would have to go through the whole problem again from the beginning with that. The run around they gave us was ridiculous. The only time we ever got real help was to FAX a letter to their headquarters, you couldn't even call them! We had problems the whole 2 years we had the service, never once did they offer a tech to come and look at our install or equipment to see if that was the problem. We would loose service even during sunny days for no reason at all and they would say "we don't know what is the problem everything is okay on our end." So anyway our neighbors have WB and they said it never went out, only during heavy rains, and haven't had problems with just loosing connection. We have had good success with WB so far. Evening downloads and surfs are slower due to FAP which I am working on that a bit to see some tests and how much they are slowing it down to what we pay for. All in all we have to go with satellite so we went with the better of the two. I believe that the install of the dish is about 99% of what makes or breaks your connections.

Debbie

I have been a Wildblue customer the last 2 and half years and never had any real problem but after about 2 years we had a moss growing everywhere and ended up with some moss on the dish.  A good cleaning and it was back to what it was prior to getting mossed covered. 

I have never had any real issues at all since I got the service.  The tech support has been sometimes spotty at first but has  vastly improved the last year or so.  If you have any real issues you can go the Wildblue forums and have one of the moderators contact the folks that need to be contacted and will take care to resolve the issue.

I did have one issue with the self help area with out of date information and the mod had me send him the info via private message and Wild Blue is updating the info. This concerned setting up e-mail on Apple computers.

Sure the speed is not broadband but sure is a hack of lot better then dial up.