When I thought it could get no worse! LMAO

sparky

No, not FAP'd, thats an easy check now, just goto the webpage for the modem and it tells you.

I have 1 EVDO provider and that is Ntelos, they do not have good speeds and a 5 gig a month limit, not sure if they enforce the limit or not, Sprint does now have evdo around here, they must be using the Ntelos network.

Ntelos and Sprint both have the 5 gig cap, but sprint want to charge you 2 cent's a Mb overages with a 2 year contract.

AT&T has nothing here.

Verizon has nothing here.

US Cellular has nothing here.

A Town with 28,000 students and nothing of any use! what is up with that?

No, not FAP'd, thats an easy check now, just goto the webpage for the modem and it tells you.

I have 1 EVDO provider and that is Ntelos, they do not have good speeds and a 5 gig a month limit, not sure if they enforce the limit or not, Sprint does now have evdo around here, they must be using the Ntelos network.

Ntelos and Sprint both have the 5 gig cap, but sprint want to charge you 2 cent's a Mb overages with a 2 year contract.

AT&T has nothing here.

Verizon has nothing here.

US Cellular has nothing here.

A Town with 28,000 students and nothing of any use! what is up with that?

Sence when did sprint start the 5gb Cap? I always though verizon had that cap :knuppel2:

Have you check alltel?

Yeah, we have no verizon towers, we have no alltell service period. I just went to Sprints website and it states the cap on signup, I was about to do it until I seen that.

5GB a month is worse then Hughesnet, having better speed will just get me there faster.

You know its a sad thing to say, but the USA broadband system is going from bad to worse, we should be one of the leading countries with broadband, yet India and other countries are leaving us behind.... so sad.

Yeah, we have no verizon towers, we have no alltell service period. I just went to Sprints website and it states the cap on signup, I was about to do it until I seen that.

5GB a month is worse then Hughesnet, having better speed will just get me there faster.

You know its a sad thing to say, but the USA broadband system is going from bad to worse, we should be one of the leading countries with broadband, yet India and other countries are leaving us behind.... so sad.

Yeah I have verizon evdo but I dont use it that much, I mainly use my connection at home to my knowledge i dont have a fap. So im guessing you dont have any wireless isp?

No wireless! I wish I had the financial backing to put up my own Motorola Canopy system...... Now that is some good speeds, WISP is the way to go and I cannot for the life of me understand why Verizon (our phone company) don't get into providing WISP, 1 single Motorola canopy antenna array can go upto 35 miles.

Ouch, they did change it finally after all.  :sad:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With this plan and your Mobile Broadband Card or USB modem, you have instant Internet access wherever you go on the Sprint Mobile Broadband network.

This plan includes

5 GB/mo. in total or 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. (1024 kb=1MB. 1024 MB=1 GB)

Additional monthly usage over 5 GB costs 5

Just saw this thread. I have not been here in awhile. However here is a test done at 4:45pm EST. Peak time.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1635 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 200 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/11/24 - 3:44pm

Bottom Line:: 29X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.12 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 15.391 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 64.65 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FBUVPZ64E

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 [!]

Just saw this thread. I have not been here in awhile. However here is a test done at 4:45pm EST. Peak time.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 1635 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 3072 kB)

Download Speed is:: 200 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/11/24 - 3:44pm

Bottom Line:: 29X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.12 sec

Tested from a 3072 kB file and took 15.391 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 64.65 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FBUVPZ64E

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Not bad speeds