Just saying Hi and asking for some help.

Jeddy

Hello, I just reformatted and now my internet speed is running as crap. I tested once on the download and got 7% of what Optimum Online is supposed to be.  I don't know whats wrong so here's all my info hopefully someone can help.

3. What tweaking programs you already have installed, and run this test.  Copy all text and paste it in your post! For security reasons, blank out your IP #.

Answer:None, I know how to do certain things on a computer, but these tweaking guides you guys have confuse the hell out of me. Tell me what to do and I will try though.

share2-VS47UK59C

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 888.0kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [s2C]) . . . . . . 646.19kb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 10 Mbps Ethernet subnet

7. Never Connect to your modem via USB ! Always connect to your modem via ethernet (NIC) and make sure you have the latest drivers for your NIC. Set your NIC duplex mode to 10mb half duplex for Cable, for DSL it depends on the ISP service unless you are using a router, if so then set it to 100mb full duplex for both Cable & DSL. If you are using a router make sure you have the latest firmware.

Answer: I am on a router and it is updated, but I don't get what this duplex is.. How do I change that? Don't know if this affects it, but the router and cable modem is on my mothers computer. I am on a wireless adapter to connect.

15. Go to VanBuren testmy.net Cablenut settings and install Cablenut 4.08 and Vanburens cablenut settings version 9

Answer:Done that, but don't know what file i should use

I used to be running at optimal speed, but then I don't what happened. Was optimal then I went to about 50% before it wasn't that bad so I didn't worry, but now this is ridiculous. When I go to download a program I have to wait a minute sometimes for a file around 5mbs. Definitely wasn't like that before

I am on Optimum online and I pay for the the triple pay plan. Tv/Internet/Phone. They claim it can go as fast as 15 Mbps.

I got it a whole lot better than before, but its still only half.

share2-WKOL4CN8G

Your connection is: 6353 Kbps or 6.4 Mbps

You downloaded at: 776 kB/s

You are running: 111 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 1.32 second(s)

Test Time:: 2008/11/22 - 5:25pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Test ID: UMKI27DRS (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 50.82 % of your hosts average (optonline.net)

(went back to the page and i guess it redid the test, thats why the 2 results are a little different.)

share2-M5JO6U03G

Your connection is: 1735 Kbps or 1.7 Mbps

You uploaded at: 212 kB/s

You are running: 30 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 4.83 second(s)

Test Time:: 2008/11/22 - 7:49pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Test ID: M5JO6U03G (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Looks Great : 13.55 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

Thats very suprising before it ran at 1% of optimums average... and thanks for the help.