Walmart employee trampled to death...Must be a chick thing...

ninjageek

NEW YORK – Police were reviewing video from surveillance cameras in an attempt to identify who trampled to death a Wal-Mart worker after a crowd of post-Thanksgiving shoppers burst through the doors at a suburban store and knocked him down.

Criminal charges were possible, but identifying individual shoppers in Friday's video may prove difficult, said Detective Lt. Michael Fleming, a Nassau County police spokesman .

Other workers were trampled as they tried to rescue the man, and customers stepped over him and became irate when officials said the store was closing because of the death, police and witnesses said.

At least four other people, including a woman who was eight months pregnant, were taken to hospitals for observation or minor injuries. The store in Valley Stream on Long Island closed for several hours before reopening.

Police said about 2,000 people were gathered outside the Wal-Mart doors before its 5 a.m. opening at a mall about 20 miles east of Manhattan . The impatient crowd knocked the employee, identified by police as Jdimytai Damour, to the ground as he opened the doors, leaving a metal portion of the frame crumpled like an accordion.

"This crowd was out of control," Fleming said. He described the scene as "utter chaos," and said the store didn't have enough security.

Dozens of store employees trying to fight their way out to help Damour were also getting trampled by the crowd, Fleming said. Shoppers stepped over the man on the ground and streamed into the store.

Damour, 34, of Queens, was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 6 a.m., police said. The exact cause of death has not been determined.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was taken to a hospital, where she and the baby were reported to be OK, said police Sgt. Anthony Repalone.

Kimberly Cribbs, who witnessed the stampede, said shoppers were acting like "savages."

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling `I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" she said. "They kept shopping."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081129/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death

How in the world can you be so desperate to save a couple hundred bucks on a flat screen t.v. you will do this kinda thing. Just reminds me of the "running of the bulls" type of situation.

It took 25 years for Cincinnati to lift the Ban on Festival Seating because 11 people were crushed to death in 1979

Cincinnati Lifts 25-Year-Old Seating Ban

Posted on: Thursday, 5 August 2004, 06:00 CDT

CINCINNATI - The city council on Wednesday lifted a nearly 25-year ban on concert general admission seating that was imposed after 11 fans were crushed to death at a performance by the rock group The Who.

The unanimous decision came after council members said some performers were skipping Cincinnati because they could not have general admission seating, often known as . They said Cincinnati was the only one among the top 50 cities for concert venues that did not allow festival seating.

The fans were killed Dec. 3, 1979, when The Who was preparing for a concert at Riverfront Coliseum, now U.S. Bank Arena. The deaths and dozens of injuries occurred when fans rushed at closed doors during a late sound check because they thought the show had started.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/general/76894/cincinnati_lifts_25yearold_seating_ban/

just sad...i never do the black friday thing...never have...why...who really cares...i don't really wanna spend my money that bad

Really.....I mean black monday is in two days.......and I can sit in the comfort of my own home and get the same ....if not better deals....and if the internet gets too crowded.........I'll wait a sec...lol [nerdly]

I did my Black Friday at 5am online. Same prices as at the store. I didn't even have to hassle all the people. I got this Seagate FreeAgent Desktop ST305004FDA1E1-RK 500GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive from Walmart for $76.00 total shipped to the house. I couldn't even get it that cheap at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148235

What the hell can you say? If you need any more proof that humans are nothing but animals check this out. It is video of the man who was trampled lying dead while rescuers perform cpr and onlookers LAUGH.

WARNING: This video may be disturbing!

They are laughing while taping. Damn man... just damn.

I think this link sums up nicely just how fucked we are as a whole.

http://pointlessbanter.net/2008/11/28/if-nobody-died-in-the-procurement-of-my-gift-i-don%E2%80%99t-want-it/

Yeah, there should be accountability, I'm sure there are camera's to show just what happened.

Heartless savages, nothing less. They kept shopping, what the hell ? And the frickin cash registers kept going, thats bullshit!  Total disregard for human life. All to buy meaningless junk on credit cards. People could care less , as long as it's not them.

Christmas is a joke anyhow, nothing more than one of the largest mass delusional transfer of wealth. Why do people even celebrate it, so many don't even believe in Jesus let alone God,  because they want more shit sitting around, not because they care enough to give something to someone, but because they have an excuse to spend money thats not there's. Feeding there addiction to plastic , and circuit boards that do nothing more than bring more advertisements to buy more shit that no one needs.

What a load of crap.  Go ahead , give the gift of debt. Clutter up the world with more chemicals  ( nice and green huh? so the world want's change ? Green ? less pollution ? less plastic ? ok, so buy everything in the store, then throw it away, along with all the plastic shit that it comes so securely encased in, that'll help save the earth.

If you want to do something for someone, give them a frickin hug, and tell them you appreciate them. Be there friend, listen to there bullshit, try and understand where there coming from, might help you out later in life.  They'll remember that forever, unlike that what the hell ever that came in that shiny paper like it's a damn secret ( oooh, so intense, whats in the wrapper )that you just bought them something there gonna either toss, or give to someone else anyway, and two weeks or less they won't even remember what they opened.

what a joke !

[/rant]

Whats sad is the people who actually stepped on him untill his death probably had no choice. Not to say they werent at fault, Im sure plenty of them didnt give a shit if they ran over him but if you have a mob behind you pushing you either go down or forward.  :cry:

I forget, your right, it's been a while since an Ozzy concert :o

Yeah, there should be accountability, I'm sure there are camera's to show just what happened.

Heartless savages, nothing less. They kept shopping, what the hell ? And the frickin cash registers kept going, thats bullshit!  Total disregard for human life. All to buy meaningless junk on credit cards. People could care less , as long as it's not them.

Christmas is a joke anyhow, nothing more than one of the largest mass delusional transfer of wealth. Why do people even celebrate it, so many don't even believe in Jesus let alone God,  because they want more shit sitting around, not because they care enough to give something to someone, but because they have an excuse to spend money thats not there's. Feeding there addiction to plastic , and circuit boards that do nothing more than bring more advertisements to buy more shit that no one needs.

What a load of crap.  Go ahead , give the gift of debt. Clutter up the world with more chemicals  ( nice and green huh? so the world want's change ? Green ? less pollution ? less plastic ? ok, so buy everything in the store, then throw it away, along with all the plastic shit that it comes so securely encased in, that'll help save the earth.

If you want to do something for someone, give them a frickin hug, and tell them you appreciate them. Be there friend, listen to there bullshit, try and understand where there coming from, might help you out later in life.  They'll remember that forever, unlike that what the hell ever that came in that shiny paper like it's a damn secret ( oooh, so intense, whats in the wrapper )that you just bought them something there gonna either toss, or give to someone else anyway, and two weeks or less they won't even remember what they opened.

what a joke !

[/rant]

Are you ok now? Some of us do believe, and do not spend more than we have. Can't answer for the others. And I was cozy in my bed at the time.  :smiley:

Whats sad is the people who actually stepped on him untill his death probably had no choice. Not to say they werent at fault, Im sure plenty of them didnt give a shit if they ran over him but if you have a mob behind you pushing you either go down or forward.  :cry:

I agree.  Black friday morning out here , ( sarasota, fl )  people were so desperatly trying to get to walmart that morning a lincon town car and a chevy trailblazer got into a pretty catastrophic accident. The lincon slowed to a stop right past McDonalds , 1 light before the walmart, when the trailblazer came up behind it at over 90 mph, dont know if they didnt see them or.... if they were preoccupied with something else but they slammed on the brakes like seconds before they approached the back of the town car.....  Lets just say the trunk of the lincon was pressed against the front 2 seats.. it was horrific to see and hear..

I forget, your right, it's been a while since an Ozzy concert :o

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Are you ok now? Some of us do believe, and do not spend more than we have. Can't answer for the others. And I was cozy in my bed at the time.  :smiley:

Unfortunately you are the minority.

[quote author=☻ ◦

I couldn't have said it better myself muddy.  I don't buy into the madness. I am simple as they come. And yes people remember the real time and attention paid them more than the gifts. I always teach my kid's the value of that . People are what matter , not stupid THINGS !!!!! :angel:

This is not directed at anyone in particular , but alot of the population. Why do people have to be so complicated?? I remember my grandma would tell me she had a surprise for me when we sat down to eat lunch. I would not get it til afterwards. I usually got a small prize , mainly a piece of candy or a toy she found and I was thrilled. She and I would sit and make clothespin dolls and she sewed me Barbie clothes for my doll. It does not take much to satisfy a kid . Hell my kid's told me they WANT me to make them sock monkey's for Christmas . I have 13, 12, 8 and a 7 year old and they ask me if I got started yet. It comes from the heart. People would rather just buy than give from the heart anymore and take a precious life it the process. You don't have to be a susie homemaker to give from the heart. My husband used to give food away to someone who had none, money, his ear, a place to rest , sleep. He gave rides . I learned alot from him and why my cards are going out from the heart hand made to the soldiers this year. Amen.

in response to shug's video (quote is not working)...

geeze...they were supposed to be doing cpr (cardio PULMONARY resuscitation) all they were doing was chest compressions...so while dude was jumping on his chest, his heart and brain were gettin no oxygen...

how hard is it to push some air in someones lungs??

that video is very disturbing...

in response to shug's video (quote is not working)...

geeze...they were supposed to be doing cpr (cardio PULMONARY resuscitation) all they were doing was chest compressions...so while dude was jumping on his chest, his heart and brain were gettin no oxygen...

how hard is it to push some air in someones lungs??

that video is very disturbing...

I am certified to teach CPR and they have actually changed the rules. It is now 30 compressions to 2 breaths in that situation. They found that while compressing you are moving oxygen in and out of the lungs as well. They say that it is more detramental to the body to stop the blood flow to give rescue breaths and that some day they may be done away with all together. Dont get me wrong, they were doing CPR wrong but most of the time it is done wrong due to the circumstances and because most people have never had to use it in a real situation. Sad indeed.

yep shugar...i learned that at my last two classes as well... some teach 20/2 some teach 30/2...but i thought that they were just doing compressions in the vid...but i went back to look again...and i think that the dude at his head is actually baggin him and passes it to the guy on the side when the paramedic shows up..cuz if u watch the guy doing the compressions he pauses about every 20  strokes or so...

anyway they were trying...so sad