American Class action filed against Hughesnet

zalternate

:smiley6600:

For any Hughesnet users left around here, American or Canadian.

American Hughesnet Class action filed. Waiting for Canadians to register as well for further actions, that will also go against the re-sellers.

Hughesnet Old KU band satellites and the new Spaceway3 KA band satellite.

http://www.druginjurylawyerblog.com/2008/09/pbm_files_class_action_against.html

The law-firm of Pogust, Braslow, & Millrood, LLC, recently filed in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, a lawsuit against HughesNet, Inc., Hughes Communications, Inc., and Hughes Network Systems, LLC, for breach of contract and fraudulent business practices involving the marketing of the HughesNet

• 2 weeks later...

I know that everyone does not have a good setup or experience. I however am just fine with my HughesNet. I am getting above the average for DirecPc users. I have the Pro plan. I feel that the people having problems are not persistent enough with HughesNet. I was and got changed to a different transponder about a year ago. I went through the MD BBB. I feel they were a huge help to me. I got the corporate office on the case. I was changed and have been happy ever since. I would not hesitate to go through the same process again. Is if fast? Heck no. It takes months. However the payoff is well worth it. Just keep detailed notes of each call, persons name, call center, and what ever else you can make a note of.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 1535 Kbps about 1.5 Mbps (tested with 6152 kB)

Download Speed is:: 187 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/12/23 - 2:17pm

Bottom Line:: 27X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.48 sec

Tested from a 6152 kB file and took 32.823 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 55.36 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-MFJEBGI8V

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

EDIT... for larger speed test link

http://www.testmy.net/tools/database/db_search.php?type=user&q=tm24ns58

I can't believe these people are still in business.  I've been helping a friend that has had nothing but problems with them the last couple months.  All of a sudden they are getting penalized every other day for exceeding download restrictions.  Now the restriction they have on their plan is 200MB a day.  That is absolutely caveman numbers.  I can go to a site and have 200MB in a matter of minutes with high graphic webpages or alike.  Plus after my friend hits this 200MB he is sanctioned and basically shut down for 24 hours as a punishment.  Since when is 200MB of download in 24 hours a high-end user?  Plus like sone providers that exclude sites like Microsoft from counting against you, they count everything.  So if you have a video upgrade or Windows update, you better hope its under 200MB or they can't get it.  I hope Hughesnet.com is ruined by this.

• 2 weeks later...

Only the best.....

I may be dropping out of the law suit, I just got EVDO that I am trying out.... can't get the speeds up on it right now!  :?

Take it to the EVDO thread. Its not too hard really. Yeah, hard to gripe when something better comes along. Too busy jumping up and down.  :wink: And congratulations.

Did you get sprint?