blackberry storm

starship_troopers

Hopefully next wed. i am going to go cancel my alltel account and start up a verizon premium plan...even though i hate contracts...but hey its a much better deal for about the same price as my alltel plan....and i was thinking of getting the LG dare...but i think that i should get the blackberry storm now...any reviews on this that you can personally give?

ive watched the cnet reviews and stuff..and yeh the accelerometer is slow...and the interface isnt as fast as it could be...but im wanting it for basically what all the pros are on it...the cons arent really anything i care about...at least wahts listed on evey review i've read....

and the tactile response for the screen is a good idea in my mind...i've touched one and played on a display model before, but never USED one.

so...what other touch screen phones that can do mobile web, email, and all that for the premium plan at verizon are good?

just trying to get info

ive watched the cnet reviews and stuff..and yeh the accelerometer is slow...and the interface isnt as fast as it could be...but im wanting it for basically what all the pros are on it...the cons arent really anything i care about...at least wahts listed on evey review i've read....

and the tactile response for the screen is a good idea in my mind...i've touched one and played on a display model before, but never USED one.

so...what other touch screen phones that can do mobile web, email, and all that for the premium plan at verizon are good?

just trying to get info

Its not that the accelerometer is slow, its the OS its crap. They took the standard blackberry OS and added touch features.

The Pro:

Its got good email, if you have an exchange server.

The web browser is alright.

Good Looking Screen

The bold is a much better blackberry.

If you want a touch screen phone version isn't the place to be. Their other ok touch screen phone is the Omnia but even that has big issues, (Windows Mobile) and the touch screen isn't really good because the OS isn't designed for a touch screen so you really have to use a stylus to do things.

Keep in mind if you go with the dare its not a smartphone, its a "dumb" phone so the email isn't really that great and the web browser is pretty much a simple WAP browser so things don't get displayed correctly.

yeah thats what i meant by i didnt watn the dare anymore. and the omnia...i dont want windows mobile...  and im sure that the OS is alright...if i can live with palm OS for 3 years then i think i can handle this...

but the Bold...yeh that looks really nice and stuff..i just dont know if i want a phone that has an external keyboard...

Yea, I am with D on this one.  It looks bad ass but the reviews have been aweful.

whats up shug, havent seen you on here in a while.

yeah, im looking into other phones, but i dont want the bold...and the dare seems kinda crappy....idk...

depends on if i get a discount or not for certain things...(company i work for sometimes managers get a discount)

yeah, im looking into other phones, but i dont want the bold...and the dare seems kinda crappy....idk...

depends on if i get a discount or not for certain things...(company i work for sometimes managers get a discount)

If you want a touch screen phones there are only 2 good ones. T-mobile G1 and the iPhone. The G1 is very good, but not really close to what the iphone offers. There are things that either phone will not do. But what they do, do they do very well, especially when considering the iPhone.

Sup man.  :grin2: Yea I have been busy. Plus I have been having a good time lately and I dont like to come here as a mod when I am having a good time.

Anyway.

I would say go down and hold it and play with it. If you like it fuck what everyone else says.  :grin2:

edit: I almost edited my last sentence because I know I will get some sex jokes for it... screw it. Ryan knows what I mean and I like sex jokes.  :haha:

Sup man.  :grin2: Yea I have been busy. Plus I have been having a good time lately and I dont like to come here as a mod when I am having a good time.

Anyway.

I would say go down and hold it and play with it. If you like it fuck what everyone else says.  :grin2:

edit: I almost edited my last sentence because I know I will get some sex jokes for it... screw it. Ryan knows what I mean and I like sex jokes.  :haha:

Yea he has been busy getting his ass handed to him in COD5  :haha:

Yea he has been busy getting his ass handed to him in COD5  :haha:

You will never believe this, I know that for a fact. But that was my wife you were playing with, I was watching and smoking and laughing my ass off.  :haha: :haha: I usually play inebriated and dont do so well though.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :evil6: My wife is taking the 360 tonight and having guitar hero night with her little girl friends.  :tickedoff:

You will never believe this, I know that for a fact. But that was my wife you were playing with, I was watching and smoking and laughing my ass off.  :haha: :haha: I usually play inebriated and dont do so well though.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :evil6: My wife is taking the 360 tonight and having guitar hero night with her little girl friends.  :tickedoff:

Sure the wife was playing. You got enough balls to call me a pussy and all in a message on live but not enough to get your ass kicked.  :haha:

Look if you want that nasty shit, then you can get your fat ass up go down the fucking street and buy some, while your there pick me up a nice fucking steak, cream, butter and some colby jack cheese.

Aight then but I am cooking it. I aint having no city boy fuck up a good steak.  :azn: I enjoyed spanking your ass tonight.  :kiss:

Aight then but I am cooking it. I aint having no city boy fuck up a good steak.  :azn: I enjoyed spanking your ass tonight.  :kiss:

Fuck up a steak. HAHA. Your talking to the master of steak, you country boys always fuck up a steak Cooking it till its medium, or so tough you need a damn chop saw to get through it.

We do it medium rare here, it will still be bloody and you will love it. It cuts with a butter knife.

And I enjoyed the spanking I dished out the last time, so now were even. Tie breaker real soon. Now kiss my  :booty:

Fuck up a steak. HAHA. Your talking to the master of steak, you country boys always fuck up a steak Cooking it till its medium, or so tough you need a damn chop saw to get through it.

We do it medium rare here, it will still be bloody and you will love it. It cuts with a butter knife.

And I enjoyed the spanking I dished out the last time, so now were even. Tie breaker real soon. Now kiss my  :booty:

:haha: :haha: I laughed so hard. Cmon man, country INVENTED the bloody steak. I have never cooked a steak over MR in my life. Boy... people have got killed over less.

:haha: :haha: I laughed so hard. Cmon man, country INVENTED the bloody steak. I have never cooked a steak over MR in my life. Boy... people have got killed over less.

Country boys may have invented it, but city boys perfected it.

I have never ever had a good cooked steak outside of the city. Ive been all over this country and never had a good steak in the country. They are always too tough, or are low quality meat.

ON this I have to call you Dlewis. KC is the home of steak. So unless you came to KC MO for that steak you had less than half assed beef. And unless your cooking it right off the bone while its still bleeding you won't even tie the freshness of the best in the Country. And the two best steak houses still as far as I know are the Golden Ox in the same area as the KC stock yards, or just down the street at the Hereford house. So stick your wheat fed cattle on that bread and enjoy if thats what you thought beef was supposed to taste like. And to me Medium rare is when it quits bleeding only.  :-P

http://www.kcrestaurantguide.com/hereford_houseDT.htm

Ooops, you may want to try the Sirloin first then. I do not like to wait that long for a meal.

Modified: Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hereford House fire damage exceeds $1M

Where the KC strip was born. Golden Ox.

http://www.goldenox.com/

And if you watched any old westerns close, your city ass might have noticed that one.  :evil6: Face it, you never had that good of a steak then. Where did you think almost all cattle drives eneded and why?  :wink:  My self, I would not give you anymore for a Fla steak than a Mc D's burger. Waste of money.  :2funny: :2funny:

I bet you cook yours on a propane gas grill too.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: And don't forget the steak sauce.

Almost forgot, ours is corn fed too.  :smiley:

i was reading this forum and first i thought it was about the blackberry storm and then everything got off track and before i knew it i was laughing my  :booty: of that i fell out of my chair and after i finished laughing for almost 15min to 20min i called a friend of mine to see the post and then we laughed for about 20 minutes also so that's that.The blackberry looks pretty cool but when my brother and i saw it in a TV commercial the first thing we thought:

that phone looks like a cheap version of the iPhone and the second one was damn that's big.  He has the 3g version with the installer,and cydia and app share and another one that i don't remember so its awesome cause there are a lot of apps for it that can be from the most stupid like find all of the McDonald's near u to like find a phone number of anyplace that u want. So maybe hell buy me one cause that is what he made me understand so i might get an iPhone for Christmas.

Hey, Pepsi, man that would be cool. I like the iphone. I hope ryan comes back and tells us what he got.

well due to some minor money issues because of a screw up with a certain bank...cough cough commerce....i have to wait for 2 more weeks to get the phone..but yes im getting the storm...not sure what it is..but i played on one last night and it was awesome...i just got attached to it...not sure why....lol and then i went back to my razr v3c ....ewwwww...lol

but yeh. so if i get the premium plan from verizon...with like unlimited mobile web, messaging, etc. thats all i need for the storm right?? someone i talked to yesterday said that since its a blackberry phone like that i would have to get extra stuff and pay for it all each month...how does that work...is just getting the premium plan with all that stuff included fine? or do i have to get like a smart phone package or something??